My first 84 hr fast

(Thomas Louis Mueller) #1

I am going to try my first 84 hour fast. I ate last night (Thursday) at 7PM and I intend to break my fast on Saturday morning. I am well “fat adapted” so I am not too concerned and I feel I can do this! Wish me luck!!! I guess the main thing that I haven’t decided yet is what to break my fast with on Saturday morning. I am thinking a couple fried eggs, but I am open to suggestions.
Deacon Tom

Good luck to you! There’s a monthly fasting thread if you want to join a conversation with others. It’s a mix of EF and IF, and it’s nice to have the company!

Personally I seem to be able to break my fast with almost anything but most people are a bit more careful. The norm seems to be a tiny amount of food when you first break the fast (a few olives, some broth) just to get your system up and running again, and then having a small meal an hour or so later. Some people do really well with eggs in that first meal, others not so much. There seems to be a ton of individual variation.

(Thomas Louis Mueller) #3

Thanks Madeleine, nice to meet you and thanks for the response. I will see how this first one goes and let you know how the eggs did.
Deacon Tom

(MelissaH) #4

I’m interested in this too! I’m doing my first fast as well. Good luck and Keep us updated

(Tony Battelle) #5

Don’t do eggs. Too much protein. A good fast break is an avocado. Easy on the stomach, and plenty of fat to fuel your cells. Don’t worry about the 2 net carbs. Your liver will take them, as the glycogen store will be empty.

(Carpe salata!) #6

I’m in the middle of a 5-day fast. I plan to have several nuts about an hour before bacon and eggs. It worked well last time. Also, I had a small appetite for a few days after fasting. Just go with how you feel.

(Thomas Louis Mueller) #7

I will. I started last night at 7:30pm and intend to go to Saturday morning at 8:00am with an egg.
Have a great day.

(Thomas Louis Mueller) #8

Thanks. I will try that.

(Thomas Louis Mueller) #9

Thanks Peter, I will report what I did and how I felt.