Mussels Carbs?

(Vic) #1

I bought a package of Mussles at Walmart Good deal too

I had fasted all day had a good dinner but was still hungry was around 15 carbs at this time, Looked at the Pkdge of mussels said 0 carbs per 3 oz,

But was where you had 4 servings in a bag to boil, Figured if just under a carb per serving if not listed I was ok

So I just went online to see about vitamins and such in the 12 OZ of mussels I had and I was shocked to see one page says 6 carbs for 3oz and another says 3 carbs per 3 oz and another says 2 carbs per 3 oz

WTF Could they say 0 carbs if more then a carb per serving? why so many different figures whats fact?

Man 6 carbs per serv would be 24 carbs on top of 15 But I am sure it canā€™t be that much I mean the package says 0 carbs per 3 oz

Ugg freaking out not a good end to a great day fasting 22 hours

The only thing too is the cals per 3 oz is only 70 where I see online at 140 so maybe not as bad as it looked but it still would put me over

But how can the list 0 carbs on the package?

Wierd there is no company name on the package I didnā€™t notice that before I assume it must be Walmart brand?

(Ethan) #2

Yeah I have seen clams listed with a lot of carbs, tooā€¦

(Little Miss Scare-All) #3

Dontcha just hate conflicting reports? What do ya believe? Id like to think theyd have virtually zero carbs, but maybe its the brine or something else they use to package them?

Maybe the other ones are sandy af and thats where the carbs come from
:rofl:

(Vic) #4

I donā€™t know But I just checked my Glucose and Keystones now that it is 2 hours after, And no spike normal keystones

So I am not too upset anymore

Still WTF but whatever it didnā€™t cause a problem and I wont get them again

Donā€™t like that you have to cook 4 servings at a time

My wife wont eat any

Shame was the were a great price and better then expected But I would need to do no more then 2 servings at a time to make it work

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5

Lol you can cook the whole thing, then freeze the other servings again. :rofl:

(Troy) #6

Up next We go back to 1980šŸ¤£

KROQ 106.7 flashback

(Little Miss Scare-All) #7

Squeeze? Pulling Mussels from a shelllllll!

When I was a kid, straight up, I thought the lyrics were ā€œpulling muscles for michelleā€

(Troy) #8

Hahaā€¦yupšŸ™‚
Got ya!
Now you are hooked
You will be singing this song all night

(Little Miss Scare-All) #9

I love Squeeze, so I dont mind at all! Lol

Take Me, Iā€™m Yours, being my favorite.

(Troy) #10

Nice
Do you have the actual 45 album?
This all was the start to the so called new wave mini invasion lol

(Little Miss Scare-All) #11

I dont, but id love to! I love New Wave. I was born in 1982 but was raised around music, and my mom liked proto punk, new wave, synth pop, hair metal and everything inbetween, this is where my love of it came. Its very nostalgic for me, a nod to innocent days of being in the back seat of the car in the summer, on the way to the mall, listening to the awesome hits of the 80s. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

(Troy) #12

Cherish those memories for sure
Love that :heart:

(Bob M) #13

I honestly wouldnā€™t worry about the carbs in meat. Mussels are one of the most nutritious things you can eat. Really.

I sometimes eat both mussels and shrimp, both of which are relatively ā€œhighā€ carb as meat goes. The nutrition far outweighs the carbs.

(Katie) #14

Unless you are super sensitive to carbohydrates (epileptic, severely insulin resistant, etc.), I would not be concerned about the carbohydrates in meat, especially if your other carbohydrate sources are coming from whole foods. I am not saying to go wild on carbohydrates, but I am thinking that they are quite low in mussels and other seafood. I think that it is the glycogen in the animal that causes the carbohydrate count to be so ā€˜highā€™.

Are the ounces with or without the shell? That may be the difference?

(Vic) #16

id have to guess with

(Bob M) #17

I get mussels that are just the mussels. They come in a container in the freezer. Mine lists only 2 gram or so for 8 ounces. Not sure how realistic that is.

I know shrimp is higher.

(Bob M) #18

Oh yeah, one time we got mussels in the shell in butter from Costco. Those were great and low carb. We then got some from the local store, and didnā€™t read the bag. These were WAY high in carbs. That was a mistake.

(Vic) #19

the ones I got were plain I just dip in butter

I am so confused what i saw online multiple sites show mussels higher carbs then shrimp

(Bob M) #20

I know. In these situations, I never know what to believe. And even if you get data from a package, they always round down. This is one reason I like the European technique of basing everything off of 100 grams. At least this helps comparisons.