Moving a topic

(Jamie Hayes) #1

I created a topic called “asthma” but did not know how to create it within “health”. Perhaps an admin could move it.

Sorry!

Please share some Broccoli recipes
(Guardian of the bacon) #2

u can move it yourself. I moved one of mine the other day.
it’s part of the edit function

Do you see a little pencil next to the title of your post? I think if you click on that you can change the category.

(Guardian of the bacon) #4

Yes click on the pencil. The edit box pops up. Category selection is in top right corner.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #5

Take a look at this GIF, it’ll show you the basics:

Please share some Broccoli recipes
(Guardian of the bacon) #6

In the future when you want to create a topic just make sure you are already in the category when you begin your post.

(I like to post memes!) #7

How to flag a post by someone else that needs to be moved to another category?

I’m not in favor of using flags for this purpose. Flags are intended to notify admins of offensive posts and not all admins see flagged posts. Also, if enough people flag the same post it will disappear and potentially affect a member’s trust level.

We move topics around as we see them at current. When more members gain moderator privileges there will be more eyes on board to do this.

(I like to post memes!) #9

@carolT I used the wrong term!!

No worries! Still getting all the categories sorted out. :slight_smile:

(G. Andrew Duthie) #11

And if a member sees something that seems to be in the wrong category, you can always DM a moderator by clicking on their avatar icon and clicking the “Message” button. Please include the URL (web address) for the topic, and we’ll be happy to take a look.

(Jessica K) #12

That is some high quality help!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #13

Why thank you! We aim to please. :smiley:

(David) #14

How did you do the animated GIF?, that would be very handy.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #15

There are a variety of tools that do this, but the one I use currently is called LICEcap (terrible name, IMO), which you can find here:

http://www.cockos.com/licecap/

I use the Windows version, but there’s also a version for OSX for the Mac folks.

(David) #16