Most Painful Massage of my Life!

Holy Moly - I just came from the most painful 90 minute Thai Massage of my entire life…and I have done a lot of painful massages so this is saying a lot!

Stupidly, I got busy and took a few months off after going weekly for about 6 months. I was just so tight in my neck, shoulders and low back I figured it was time. Every muscle in my body was sore to the touch especially my feet.

I’m thinking that perhaps I’m dehydrated and that’s contributing to the extreme muscle ache/pain. Anyone experience this?

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

Did it help? :flushed:

Yep! Going back for two more hours next week - but will definitely try making sure I’m hydrated!

(Jane) #4

My massage therapist does deep tissue and she’s a big girl and can get some major leverage with her elbows. I get so knotted up with all the travel I do for my job. Sleeping on planes, sleeping in strange hotel beds, etc.

Sometimes I curl my toes and wince but I don’t want her to stop because I know in a couple of days it will be all better.

(Rossi Luo) #10

I found that if I suddenly did a physical exercise after a long time without exercise, my muscles would have pain for at least 3 or 4 days. So I think it’s not about hydration, it’s just because the muscle has not been used to the exercise or massage.