Moderate down to trace

(Alicia) #1

I’m almost done with my second week of being in Ketosis (moderate level) and this morning I’m down to trace. Is this more likely to mean I’m using them efficiently and quickly becoming fat-adapted (already? Knowing it usually takes 6 weeks) or that I’ve had too many carbs yesterday and I’m actually slowing down my fat-adaptation?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #2

Welcome to the forums! Lots of knowledgeable and helpful and friendly people here. The pee strips are notoriously unreliable. If you are dehydrated, you will show a deeper color. I never went above trace, because I drink a ton of water. Best to buy a blood monitor, if you are interested. Just keep carbs under 20 grams. I am six months in and not totally fat-adapted yet (but I am a 60 year-old woman, we take longer.) Have patience - Keto worked for me and everyone else on the forums.

(Laurie) #3

I didn’t know that. I’m 65.

Welcome, @KetonePhoenix!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #4

It can take up to a year - I have energy, mental clarity, but constant hunger.

Keto Complaint Department

Ketone urine strips are a crude tool for ketoeans. Great for week 1 to give positive reinforcement that you are creating (and not using) ketones. Higher levels just means you made more ketones than your body could use and you’re now flushing them down the toilet. Spend a Benjamin on a precession xtra kit, a new Lancet, and some test strips(ketone and blood sugar)

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #6

I’m 65 and it took me years to get this way. I’m being patient and know it may take a long time to fix all of metabolic derangements. One thing my age has given me is patience.