Minimal weight loss

(Eric) #1

I’ve been on the keto diet since 12/28 after I had yet another gallbladder attack. The diet has seemingly improved the health of my gallbladder and I feel better since I started. However, I am not losing weight as rapidly as I thought I would. I’ve lost a total of 6 lbs but it has gone up and down to get there. Is this normal? I realize I don’t have the time to exercise like I want and maybe that’s my problem but it’s discouraging to change my eating habits for minimal results.

(Jill F.) #2

Measure yourself, I have lost 8 pounds since Dec 27th but I have lost 13 inches and 1 dress size. It helps to have other measures to go by.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #3

I lost a few pounds of water when I started - real weight loss started at month four or five, as I recall.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #4

Wow - that is totally amazing! 13 inches since Dec. 27? of 2018?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5

Six pounds in three weeks is nothing to scoff at. Keto is not a magical weight loss fad diet. You have many great things going on that you’re probably not realizing yet. Your metabolism is changing and healing. You need to be patient, this is a lifestyle not something that fixes you overnight that you’ll be able to move on from and keep the profits. Put in the work and time for real changes.

(Eric) #6

Wow thanks for the info (and the quick response). Makes me feel better. I definitely look and feel thinner and my daughter says so too. I will keep at it bc even if I don’t lose weight like I want, I definitely feel better and I enjoy living healthier!
Thanks!

(Eric) #7

Also congrats Jill on the loss of inches! Congrats and keep it up!

(Running from stupidity) #8

(Carl D Black) #9

Yeah, stick with it. I’ve been at it for 10 days. I’ve lost about 10 pounds. The 20g carb limit is very real. You can’t breach that and achieve ketosis easily. 20-50g is the recommended range. Also, the problem I’ve had is learning all the foods that have carbs in them and can easily put me over my daily limit. But I’m getting better at it and seeing results. You will too.

(Robert C) #10

I assume that means an inch off each arm, 1.5 inches off each thigh, some off the waist…all totaled up.

I’ve seen that before anyway - it gives a better overall view of progress for different shaped people.

(Or she meant 1.3 inches?:grinning:)

(Jill F.) #11

No it really has been a total of 13 inches lost so far! I have almost gone down 2 pant sizes in 3 weeks. Guess I was eating waaaayyyy too many carbs before!?!

(Jill F.) #12

Yes 3 weeks ago yesterday. I have lost 6 inches just off my waist!