MFP (My Fatness Pal)

fat
conspiracy
mfp

(Carolus Holman) #1

For some reason MFP seems to think everytime I eat some fat it needs to blare it in RED! My Macros are set at 75% but it still warns me, funny it never warned me about Carbohydrates, they need to fix this app!

(Jenny) #2

you can turn it off by going into settings.

settings - diary settings - “show diary food insights” needs to be unchecked.

good luck :slight_smile:

(Liz ) #3

Yes turn it off as suggested above. I use MFP as a macro tracker & LC community hub but their culture of CICO is super annoying. If you mention you are Keto in the wrong MFP forums they will shred you. It’s bizarre & sad.

(Richard Hanson) #4

Hi Liz,

I don’t know of any robust app that does not have the CICO bias. They all try to calculate some basal metabolic rate and then account for both food and exercise to calculate an energy deficit.

Ignorance is pervasive.

Keto for Life!
Richard

(Liz ) #5

Well that’s good to know because I have so much history plugged in at MFP (from before I saw the Keto light) that I’m staying put there. Now I know I’m not missing out.

I wish MFP would offer a choice of nutritional approach though, and tailor content to that. As a profit driven company I’m sure they can see the LCHF data they are collecting & understand we’re a dedicated block of consumers ready to be catered to as a niche, but hopefully growing, market. Also probably a more successful group of “dieters” in the long run.

But :woman_shrugging:

(Carolus Holman) #6

AWESOME. I didn’t even know this existed! I appreciate your help!

(Jenny) #7

happy to help!

@LizinLowell it seems to be an option in premium to select low carb, but i haven’t tried it yet, because i’m cheap lol

(Liz ) #8

Oh! Thanks for the tip! I’ll go explore, I did purchase premium when I went Keto.

(Keto Travels) #9

Yeah, cheap here too … but it does give me an alert when I am approaching or overshooting my carb goal for the day too (a bit less persistently maybe).