Meeting with a nutritionist

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #21

My guess is that its closer to 20% BF, or a bit less than that.
I’ll see what I can come up w/ for the plot.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #22

Are you looking for something like this?

(Karim Wassef) #23

is the x axis = carbs + protein x 0.5 ?

If so, then yes, that’s what I was looking for… but I don’t see a pattern there. Wasn’t sure just looking at the numbers.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #24

The x-axis is carbs + (protein/2)

That is, net carbs…

(Karim Wassef) #25

ok. My experience points to cutting net carbs as low as possible and keeping your protein under 65 lb (assuming 20% bf) and getting most of your energy from fat & the 5 items I mentioned earlier…

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #26

Most of my carbs come from things like broccoli and cheese

(Karim Wassef) #27

You’re trying to do two things that are in direct opposition… Getting a GKI under 1 is going t require you to get under 60 glucose consistently and then get above 3 ketones consistently. The only path I know to get there is to fast with water, salts and fats only and accept some weight loss to get into that zone. Once you’re there, you can reintroduce proteins and more fats to stabilize.

Maybe you can try to gain some adipose fat weight first to give you some margin to lose and get to GKI under 1 without compromising as much lean mass.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #28

(Alec) #29

I would still be testing out the knowledge a bit here. Sorry to say that dieticians and keto don’t currently mix. Every dietician written article and quote is just such utter rubbish. They are taught rubbish and they pass the rubbish on.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #30

Overall I’m happy with my GKI under 2. I just wish I had an idea of how to manipulate it better.

(Windmill Tilter) #31

What time of day do you check your GKI?

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #32

I check at night, just before eating my OMAD (not counting the flaxseed oil or MCT oil as meals).

The time is usually between 6p and 9p, depending on how the day has gone.