Marijuana on keto

(Full Metal KETO AF) #22

In my opinion when it went from Medical to recreational in California it was a bad thing. Legalization was something I had wished for since I was a teen. It opened the door for the state to tax heavily. Before you could spend $40 or so a year for medical certification which paid the state. That was bad enough having to give the state money for medical use. Now with legalization there’s been a drastic increase in demand and lowering of quality for more $$$. Also the days of going into a dispensary and selecting from a jar are gone, no extra mugs for good customers anymore. It’s all carefully weighed and packaged in taxable quantities.At least we’re free to grow enough for personal use if you’re capable of doing that. The real answer is decriminalization.The government has no right to tax cannabis.

One inalienable right of Government is to create taxes. It forms the base to its very existence.

Theoretically, people are doing keto to lose weight, mixing marijuana in with the way of eating potentially may complicate hunger signal controls. But, experientially, that is variable as reported in n=1 (above). That variability is understandable as the inputs are not fully controlled.

I used to get the munchies, but for some reason not anymore. I am perfectly happy with OMAD and can smoke at any time during the day, without getting hungry. This is a change, I used to get the munchies badly. I think my body has just gotten used to OMAD. I do eat more though if I smoke before I eat.

(Lindsay Gill) #25

Make weed butter and substitute it with anything you need regular butter for! I put mine in my keto coffee everyday👌🏻

(purezion ) #27

We have medical in Florida and I wish it were as cheap as $40 a year! The drs are ripping us off on the visits. It cost me $300 for my first visit, it’s $140 a visit very 7 months for follow ups and $75 a year to renew the cards.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #33

You may find it hits harder on keto, so just be a bit cautious. This is certainly the case with alcohol, anyway. Otherwise, I see no reason to refrain. However, the munchies can lead people into consuming lots of carb-laden snacks, so be sure to have plenty of keto-friendly snacks around, instead. I’m thinking of pork rinds, pepperoni, cheese, pre-cooked bacon, maybe some hard-boiled eggs–that sort of thing.

(Pete A) #34

I smoke regularly. It’s not bad for my diet/lifestyle.

PS I don’t get “munchies” either.

(KM) #36

I’m going with, “anything that alters my state of mind is likely to interfere with my discipline.” I still like carbs. More than I should. They’re like a bad boy boyfriend I refuse to think about any more. I’m happy without him, so good riddance. But when I get to a mental state where I’m just cheerfully floating along, whether that’s a pill or a smoke or a drink, I’m likely to think it would be even More pleasant with a side of chocolate cake. Why should I not do this? I forget, I’m sure it will be fine.

So while physically, keteo-wise, marijuana is a much better choice than a glass of wine, emotionally I don’t recommend either, at least not for myself.

I quit after graduate school and just before my first real job. My three concerns would be: first, the munchies(Doritos); secondly, the supplier of the product, especially with edibles; and finally, is the product legal where you live? If so, are there gov’t dispensaries?

I am sure many of us can relate though I think I did enough carnivore after many years of low-carb that I am a tad better…? Still not quite there. But I do am at the point where I don’t know why anyone would want a non-keto chocolate cake… It sounds very, very easy to do keto and flour doesn’t add anything good to it, does it? Keto baking may be difficult (if one is unwilling to use super expensive ingredients) but not when there is a lot of cocoa to be the ruling flavor :smiley:
Of course not everyone is willing to make the stuff themselves but one can even buy sugar free cake… I am not knowledgeable about that but I know it is a thing. It may be still too carby though, it depends. I personally always get surprised how carby low-carb cakes are. I could do it WAY better.

I would be curious about the munchies but no way I ever can get marijuana. Booze tends to make me not eating anything, I used to think it’s the easiest way to skip dinner, drinking. (I almost never drank and very very little when I did so it didn’t become a miracle fat-loss diet :smiley: Anyway, I would eat a lot the next day if I lacked nutrients, my body isn’t easily tricked.)

I don’t see any problem with unlimited booze for me so I have that. (It’s usually 1ml rum in my dessert here and then. I really, really don’t drink much, I just don’t see the point. It’s not like I can feel it and I don’t have a very tasty one now. I always drink it for the taste but the feeling would be nice too. But I never can get it since I went keto and my amounts got ridiculous.)

But if I can guess, if I got the munchies, I would eat too much peanuts. I still like the taste and the crunch and still don’t keep myself completely from it off carnivore… And it’s very snackable.

I keep a little disposable vape pen in my bedside table and take a couple of very small puffs an hour before bedtime. Not enough to really be stoned but it totally relaxes me and I sleep like the dead every single night. I also have some 10mg gel caps that I take rarely but those are also very relaxing. I don’t drink alcohol so its nice for a little buzz once in a while.