Lumen - let the conversation begin šŸ˜‹

I think someone should void their warranty, open the thing up, and start taking pictures. Letā€™s see if we can find a debugging port on the darn thing and get a firmware dump. Then we can reverse engineer the heck out of it, and maybe make the darn thing useful.

(Bunny) #162

Correction: ā€¦Lipogenesis (lipid droplet storage) rather than lipolysis (extraction of lipid droplet storage)ā€¦

Typing too fastā€¦lol

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #163

For what itā€™s worth, I fired off this today:

Case summary

Subject: RER

Description:

I eat keto. I purchased Lumen in the hope that it would assist me to determine relative percentages of fat/ketone and glucose burn during various daily activities and in response to eating various foods. I find the scale of 5 arbitrary categories useless for me. I encourage you to make raw RER numbers accessible to the user. Is there any possibility of youā€™re doing this? Thank you.

Sincerely, Michael Wassil

Your case was created.

Weā€™ll get back to you soon.

(Carolyn aka stokies) #164

have you heard back?

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #165

No - at least about RER. I did receive a response a couple days later asking me to complete a questionaire about my ā€˜support experienceā€™. I did. :-1:

I have not given up, though. Iā€™m going to keep pestering them about this.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #166

Update.

Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 10:51:14 AM PST
ā€œSteven from Lumenā€ steven.joseph@lumen-2bd399efd687.intercom-mail.com Add to Address Book Block Sender Allow Sender
To: amwassil@usa.net
Subject: Re: Re: Lumen + Garmin Integration Is Here!

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out and for the great suggestion!

Currently Lumen measures the CO2 concentration in order to determine what your body is using for fuel.

In the future, we may add further sensors to a new version of Lumen where we can also determine O2 levels and be able to calculate and display RER values for customers :slight_smile:

If you have any further questions or suggestions, please let me know and iā€™ll be happy to help.

Best regards,
Steve

Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 11:40:19 AM PST
ā€œMICHAEL WASSILā€ amwassil@usa.net Add to Address Book Block Sender Allow Sender
To: Steven from Lumen steven.joseph@lumen-2bd399efd687.intercom-mail.com
Subject: Lumen + RER

Thank you for the prompt response, Steve!

There are lots of folks in the KETO community who would be very interested in
a device that measures RER. We currently have nothing that gives us direct
useful data re ā€˜fat adaptationā€™. We are left guessing based on ketone and
glucose measures, and dietary choices. It would be soooo useful to have a
direct measure that doesnā€™t require a trip to a sports nutrition center.
Thanks.

(Ethan) #167

Yeah. They are focusing on selling and not improving. I troll them on Facebook.