Lost 54 pounds and only one dress size?!

(mole person) #61

Yah, so I’ve gone from a 34B to a 32C. The 32 is the number of inches around my torso taken from just beneath my boobs. I think. Someone correct me if this isn’t right.

(PSackmann) #62

That’s correct, or close to it. So, your overall bust measurement has gone from 36 to 35, cup size up 1, band size down.

(Becky) #63

Ok so i went from 40ddd to 36g​:thinking:…lord help me please :pensive:

(Tammy) #64

Every time someone mentions that I’ve lost weight, it makes my day. There was a group of folks that I saw every week and no one mentioned it when I lost 50 pounds and must admit it really bugged me.

We are much more than what we weight, but I know it is hard work to lose weight and I think it worth acknowledging it when someone does lose weight.

“You look great!” is a pretty safe way to acknowledge the weight lost, who doesn’t want to be told that they look good.

But my absolute favorite thing is when some says “You look great, you’ve lost a lot of weight.” And then asks “How did you do it?” Then, I can tell them how great Keto is.

(Ashley) #65

How is it living in that much sq footage? Just am generally curious? One day I would love to live in a yurt or tiny house. Realistically though I don’t know how that would be mentally.

@monsterjuice

It’s interesting. It forces one to prioritize his/her stuff. There’s no room for unnecessary junk. And it’s hella easy to keep clean, lol.

I’ve seen NYC (and Miami Beach) apartments that were smaller. You get used to it. It’s kinda nice to go from one end of the house to the other in ten steps or less. Plus, the electric bill is like $35.

(Ashley) #67

Easy to keep clean! But probably easy to look cluttered as you use things I bet? I love watching tiny house builders and stuff like that! I’d love to own one and travel one day! And $35 would be amazing for electric bill!

Yeah, it can easily get cluttered if I don’t stay on top of it. But overall, I’ll take cleaning this place over my last 3BR house any day. I grew up with hoarder parents so I went to the opposite extreme, I guess. I don’t know, a minimalist lifestyle makes me feel peaceful.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #69

I actually prefer men’s pants…the main reason is that they have “REAL” pockets! I like deep pockets in my pants, because as a mom I’m constantly being handed things by the littles and have to find places to put them.

LOL @ “the littles”. That’s what I call my dogs.

I love Marie Kondo and have sorted out my clothes using her method.
I have kept nothing for Summer that doesn’t fit now… but
Winter is just around the corner here and no idea what I have, so as I unpack winter clothes I will Kondo them.
Its a great method for preventing overwhelm and indecision.

I actually have space in my drawers now and anything I put on fits, nothing is flapping around me anymore as it was starting to do pre rigorous sorting.
I used to have a lot of white linen everything for summer and now my closest friends do… I see them wearing it and it is great!
It’s also an indirect way to let them know their weight is now where mine used to be (they used to be slimmer than me) and that Keto works for diabetes and weight loss.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #72

https://www.barenecessities.com/feature.aspx?pagename=fit_sizing

https://www.sophisticatedpair.com/how-band-and-cup-sizes-work/

Here are a couple bra size calculators. The second link explains how it works. If your torso is losing weight faster than your breasts, your cup size will go up, even if they are smaller than they were before.

(Ashley) #73

So do is it a small apartment? Or a tiny house or what? Sorry for the questions I just find it fascinating!

Oh, no problem, I don’t mind. Its just a little cabin. It’s a little bigger than your average “tiny house”. It’s just one big room like an efficiency apartment. I don’t have an oven/stove, though I do have a quality toaster oven, and my fridge is a dorm fridge. Makes Keto a bit difficult considering a lot of our foods are fresh, but I manage.

Did you get your car situation sorted out?

(Ashley) #75

No I didn’t! A few nice people on here started a gofundme! They are trying to raise money so
I can get to work and doctors appointments for me and my dad! Thank you for asking!

Dude!! I was thinking about asking an admin if we could start a gofundme for you! What’s the link, I’ll def donate.

(Ashley) #77

Here is the link! I really appreciate it! This community has been great to me! https://www.gofundme.com/help-monsterjuice-get-to-work

Hahaha… I just read the description. All this time I thought you were a guy! :crazy_face:

There’s something going on with my debit card so all I was able to donate was the spare change in my PayPal account but I’ll try to catch you again later.

Why doesn’t this have its own thread? Or does it?

(Ashley) #79

It does but I cannot comment in it to tag you due to me having already commented a few times. Nope I am a 30yr old female! Maybe I should adjust the name accordingly lol

I found it.