Losing tons of weight but not many inches

(Aishwarya Gawde) #1

In 2 months of keto, i am down from 88.80 kgs to 82.4 kgs but my inches have barely moved. Lost only 2 inches from my hips and maybe 1 inch from my lower waist. My thighs - my sore point are pretty much the same. I eat about 1200 calories a day and i exercise everyday. What should i do? Is this muscle loss? Body fat was down 2% from 45.9 to 43.9%?

We all store fat to varying degrees in the different areas of our body. You lost a good amount of weight, and have lost inches as well – keep doing what’s working!

(Allie) #3

Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s working.

(John) #4

I always heard, and it appears true in my experience that women gain from the bottom up and lose from the top down. Men are the opposite, fat up top first. This also unfortunately means that typically the first areas you notice getting fat are going to be the last ones to lose it.
This holds true for me as well, 60 pounds gone, only 5-10 to go, and it is all in one spot.

(Linda Culbreth) #5

jmbundy - hadn’t heard of that weight gain/weight loss direction before. Interesting. Someone told me “you didn’t put it all on in one day and you can’t take it all off in day.” After I got over my hurt feelings of the stinging sarcasm, I realised they were right. I feel your pain, aishwarya_gawde.

(Jeff) #6

Two months in? You’re doing awesome! It’s tough at times. I stalled two different times and both of them were frustrating. Yet, I look back and see so much progress since August 2016. Our bodies change relatively slowly (compared to our attention span). That’s why the aunts and uncles cant’ believe how much the kids have grown since the last time, yet the kids don’t see it.

Peace!

(Aishwarya Gawde) #7

This is so frustrating. But my hands have gotten bony but thighs. Arghhh!!!

(Aishwarya Gawde) #8

And 3 inches have disappeared from my boobs which no woman wants!!

(Christopher Avery) #9

TRUE THAT!

(Cocker) #10

I echo the advice to just stick with it…

…my own fat distribution is a little frustrating: waist and legs…on the plus side, nothing eveer gets jiggly above the waist…on the downside, my legs look like twigs unless I carry fat…and it doesn’t take much extra to make my belly look unfairly generous ha.

…you’ll get there in time…it just takes time…

(Allie) #11

Oh yes, that’s a common side effect sadly… :unamused:

(eat more) #12

you may not be eating enough…
how is your carb, fat, and protein intake?

(Linda Culbreth) #13

I can relate to that, Jeff!

(Siobhan) #14

I was thinking the same. Calories may be too low and it is messing them up a bit