Lose, loss, losing, and loose

(Allie) #21

There, their, they’re - I’ve learnt to turn a blind eye. Irritating yes, but there are bigger things to worry about.

(Randy) #22

It seemed to start a couple of years ago. It’s spread like a plague. It makes no sense to me.

There, their and they’re seems to be especially difficult as well. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Stephanie ) #23

I’m a horrible speller and apparently so is my auto correct :smile: and grammer, what’s that? Lol. I am highly educated with several degrees however I had spell check and a grammar program to help me with papers!

(Todd Allen) #24

And “key tones” could be a good name for Carl’s band.

(Allie) #25

One that’s very common on emails is defiantly instead of definitely.

(Candy Lind) #26

Me, too!

(Jay Patten) #27

I’ve been meaning to axe you all about that…

(Ken) #28

One grammar usage has annoyed me for decades. It’s the use of the noun “Disrespect” as a verb. You can show disrespect towards a person, you cannot disrespect someone.

(Karen) #29

That one is likely cultural. How about, “Drive safe”?
And I use far too many commas , , , ,
So we all have our struggles.:grinning:

Off to loose some weight.
K

(Allie) #30

That one always annoys me :joy:

(Jay Patten) #31

Another one that cracks me up…

I’m a municipal building inspector in Eastern Tennessee. Naturally I hear the the word “joist” a lot (as in a floor joist or ceiling joist). But around here a lot of people say “Joyce” instead of “joist.”

So people will ask, “hey man, what I gotta do when I gotta cut a hole in my Joyce?”

And I’m like, “well that’s called murder, so…” :rofl:

(Sheila) #32

Let us support each other and if we want a grammar or spelling police start a new website. This site is supposed to be about support, sharing and helping each other through Keto. Please do not alienate people by being the English language police, we-need each other no matter how we get our point across.

(Randy) #33

This should help. :wink:

(Jay Patten) #34

Yes, I indeed read that in my head using Chistoper Walken’s voice :joy:

(Melissa) #35

(Karen) #36

Let’s eat Grandma!
Let’s eat, Grandma!
Commas save lives!

So is funny.
K