Location for thread

(bob) #1

Hello,

I posted a thread in speedy keto requesting any information on a decent store bough bearnaise.
I was wondering if that was the best topic to post. In general I would like to start a thread about the best store bought keto items, for convenience or people who just hate cooking. I have seen some threads that have some mentions. Advice on where to better start either thread would appreciated. Thanks.

(Allie) #2

TBH, you’re more likely to get recipes suggested as store bought condiments aren’t favoured here. This may be why you didn’t get any responses.

('Jackie P') #3

Truthfully, I have looked at all the store hollandaise and bernaise sauces and they all seem carb heavy. Sorry!
The best I can offer is this cheats hollandaise

3tbs mayo
1/2tsp dijon mustard
2tsp lemon juice
2tbs double cream
4 tbs salted butter

Put all ingredients in the saucepan and stir until blended! Serves 4, 3.7 carbs pp.
You could pimp it up with tarragon vinegar and shallots whatever to make bernaise.
About the most help I can give you Im afraid. :blush:

(bob) #4

Thanks. I know store bought isnt the best. I still think it is a viable thread option. Partly I just wanted to make sure it was the best location. In general finding the highest quality keto options that dont require cooking is important to me as I simply hate to cook. At any rate I appreciate the responses. I will start a large store bought thread as I think it is a good resource.

(bulkbiker) #5

May be an idea to mention which country you are talking about as well as this is a fairly global forum and food brands may be more or less available where you live.

(bob) #6

I found this article. It figures trader joe’s as they seem to really be one of the best with not adding sugard and other things to their premade items. Unfortunately I dont know if it is still in stock, as they frequently change their selection and the article is a bit old. It is hollandaise however you could certainly at fresh tarragon