Lo ketones reading

(Denise Johnson) #1

I’m new here so thank you for letting me join. I have been doing keto for 7 weeks now have lost 28.6#. My only carbs comes from veggies and I have been doing Dr. Bergs 7-10 cups veggies but I only do 7 cups, spinach, arugula, kale and collards as my salad. Am I doing too much veggies. I just got the keto mojo and tested today and it read Lo. I was so stunned. I am definitely hitting my carbs and proteins I have 100 to loose. Any suggestions are welcome

(Jean Taylor) #2

What exactly are your macros?

(Roy D) #3

Welcome to the Ketogenic Forum.

If your objective is to loose weight, and you’ve lost ~29 lbm in 7 weeks, you must be doing something correct.

Along with Jean’s question asking about your macros, what amount of calories are targeting to consume per day?

Are you tracking the foods you eat via way of something like MyFittnessPal? (An advantage of this approach is that you learn where “hidden” carbs may be.)

Keep doing what you’re doing, don’t change anything. Not right now. You’re losing an average of 4 pounds per week. It doesn’t get any better.

When your progress slows down to 1 lbs/wk then start thinking about making adjustments. For now just enjoy the ride.

(Denise Johnson) #5

5% carbs 20% protein. 75% fat
My readings today because i upped my cal to 1400 from 1200 after waking was 0.6. Before dinner 1.0 and 2 hrs after dinner bavk down to 0.5 i do not do any keto bread, sweatners or fat bombs. My only carbs are from veggies which I cut back on last 2 days are broccoli or asparagus and I do mct oil, avocados and butter are my go to fats.

(Rob) #6

Measurable ketones DON’T matter, this matters…

Ketones don’t denote metabolic health, many people who are obviously and deeply in ketosis hardly register blood ketones. They are a byproduct of lipolysis (fat burning) which you are obviously doing in spades. if you feel good, then you are making and using ketones well and probably using them so well that they don’t have time to hang around in the blood.

Check this out for why you shouldn’t worry.