Liz Myers & Brenda Zorn

Originally published at: https://ketowomanpodcast.com/liz-myers-brenda-zorn/

Daisy's latest extraordinary women, Liz & Brenda, talk about their exciting biking expedition across America to Ketofest last summer.

Liz is a 43 year old computer nerd who has been obese her entire life. She had gastric bypass surgery in 2003, but experienced weight creep over the years. In late 2014 she was diagnosed with Lipedema, which led her to concentrate on losing weight with little success. She went full keto in March 2017.

She lives with her amazingly supportive husband, two dogs and a parrot.

Liz spends most of her free time being unladylike, riding an overgrown dirtbike or snowmobiles. Between seasons she can be found in the shed, surrounded by tools and bits of motorcycles.
She particularly enjoys making men uncomfortable when they ask when she’s going to get a real bike, or give her unsolicited advice on tire pressure.

Brenda has 4 years invested in the ketogenic and fasting communities, and has guided many to better health.

She cured her own T2DM with a combination of a ketogenic diet and fasting and it has become her lifelong ambition to help others recover from diabetes and obesity. She has recently started working as a nutritional educator with Dr Jason Fung and Megan Ramos’s Intensive Dietary Management program.

Her story has appeared on The Diet Doctor site, and she has been a guest on numerous ketogenic lifestyle podcasts including 2KetoDudes and The Obesity Code.

Brenda describes herself as a low carb cooking expert, weight lifter (she can leg press 810 lbs!), motorcycle enthusiast and a bold mix of adventure and dedication.

The blog they wrote to document their adventure can be found here.

This is a link to the posts Liz made on the first leg of the "Long Way to Ketofest" trip.

Brenda notes that sometimes these trips inspire women to get a bike of their own. When they approach her she always recommend they take The Motorcycle Safety Foundation course for training. She took the course herself as a refresher, even though she have been riding bikes since age 9. She learned valuable skills there. Liz agrees that it is an excellent program. You can find the details here.

Liz’s pemmican recipe can be found here

Find out more about The Feldman Protocol on Dave Feldman’s website cholesterolcode.com

This week’s end quote is from… well I have two again this week because I couldn’t choose between them!

The first is from Stacy Westfall…

On a bike no-one ever asks, “Are we there yet?”

and the second is author unknown…

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

(Bunny) #2

You gals are brave, I wiped out one of those exact bikes once, road rash for weeks…lol

Me scared now! Too powerful!

(Liz Myers) #3

I wear armored gear anytime I’m on the bike, that really cuts down on the fear of being injured.
Drs said I likely wouldn’t have survived the accident without it.