Living in an RV

RV for 10+ years. Solar panels for batteries and inverter appliances like tv and blender, generators for A/C and microwave. I usually run the pot at the same time as something else using the large generator, like A/C in summer or charging batteries on rainy days.

I’ve never had an air fryer but I do use the instant pot. It works great for cheap cuts of meat that you would normally slow cook some other way. Also makes fast beans for the non-keto family members. I just have the 3 qt. version.

I also have a sous vide stick but I don’t do long cooks with it. Great for salmon so it doesn’t smell up the place. Going to try yogurt with it.

(Nasir) #42

Thinking of buying this. Do you have experience of instant pot as well and how the two compare?

No. But everyone that I have talked to, that has an instapot- says it’s the same thing. I Google instapot recipes and use them for the foodi. They have all worked.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #44

A regular pressure cooker might be cheaper, but it wouldn’t come with the fancy electronics, of course.

Ooh this is tough! I have both. I will say, I use the air fryer a lot more than the Instant Pot, but to cook some cuts of meat, the Instant Pot would win. I suppose it depends on what you like to eat, but the Instant Pot is likely going to offer you more versatility.

(Trish) #46

I also vote instant pot for its versatility and I’m so jealous of all you guys in your RVs. I’d totally love to do this, but in Ontario we get -40 temps in the winter so I don’t think that would work out.

(Susan) #47

I am in Ontario as well; Tish. Some of our friends have a Mobile Home that they have permanently located at a Trailer Park that they live in mostly in the summers until fall (then lock it up for the winter). They still have to drive into the city daily for work, and shopping, and to check out their house a few times a week (go home to do laundry and stuff too). That is their work around for our weather =).

(Trish) #48

yup, I’ve thought of that too, but then one is effectively paying for two homes and I’m far too cheap for that sort of thing LOL. Where abouts are you? I’m in the Kawarthas.

(Susan) #49

We are down South Western near Toronto area. We also lived in the Ottawa Valley for 6 years when my hubby was in the Canadian Forces and stationed in Petawawa.

(Trish) #50

I did an archery tournament at the Garrison earlier this summer.:slight_smile: one in kingsville too. Will look you up next time I’m driving through LOL