Liver Cancer and Keto

(gmoehlenhoff) #1

So my 71 yr old father had abnormal blood test results which led to 2 scans. The 2nd scan was today, and they stated he has a few spots on his liver and they need to do a biopsy.

#1 I am freaking out. Any experience appreciated.

#2 He and I have both had a lot of success with Ketonin the past, however have fallen off that wagon the last year. Would getting back on the keto wagon be advisable in this situation? Again, any suggestions would be appreciated.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

Wow! That’s a 2x4 over the head. Hopefully it’s not cancer.

I have no experience; I’m 74 and healthy. Still, I think going keto can only help. Whether or not it helps reduce the cancer (if that’s what it turns out to be), I don’t know. But it will certainly help overall health and that in turn might help the body deal with any cancer. Another thing, it will probably help to eliminate any/all ethanol since that stresses the liver.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5842847/

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #3

I don’t have experience with liver cancer, but I do with breast cancer. I can say that, in my case, eating keto and having chemo greatly reduced the cancer in my body. Its a long process, with lots of trial and error. The doctors will probably recommend a normal diet, full of carbs and sugar. Is he having a PET scan? If so, that indicates that they think whatever is going on feeds off of glucose. Typically, with a PET scan you are given an injection of glucose with a radioactive tracer. Things like (many) cancers will light up on the scan, and then size and other info can be gotten from it.

Praying the biopsy comes out clear!