Little help please 😊

(Ana Mc Vee) #1

Hey guys!!
Day 3 of starting keto im feeling less bloated!!
I read on another keto page that dairy is bad for starting out on keto… i have been putting cheese or cream in a few meals so im a bit unsure what to do now do i leave out dairy or just keep going?
Also how do i know how much i am meant to eat? Im still feeling hungry not long after meals… please help me thank you x

(Meeping up the Science!) #2

When starting keto, stay under the 20g. Don’t worry about what/how much you are eating. The goal is to get fat adapted.

Eventually you will not be hungry all the time after the magic happens. Right now your body is still probably missing glucose. It is wondering where dinner went. You are forcing it to use fat.

As for dairy, I would avoid higher carb dairy for sure. I always stuck to HWC and butter only. Some cheese is a bit too carby, however if it fits under your 20g a day, why not?

(Steven Robbins) #3

Dairy affects some, but doesn’t affect others. Experiment with what works for YOUR body. :slight_smile:

(Danielle) #4

I agree with Donna. Keep the carbs low and don’t stress about the other stuff till you become fat adapted. If you are hungry, EAT. Just keep it low in carbs and try and up the fat.

(Jane Reed) #5

Dairy has never been a problem for me. I was just a bit bloated, too, and it disappeared within several days of starting keto.

Don’t worry about the nuances that happen to other people’s body. Just listen to yours. Follow the basic fundamental rules…like limit 20 gram net carbs, protein 1 to 1.5 gram per kg lean body mass, and eat fat to satiety. That’s it. If dairy works for you, that’s great! Enjoy it!

(Karen Parrott) #7

Your body will tell you if dairy is a problem. I have to be strict dairy free for low inflammation , and I’ve adjusted to it just fine over the last 4 years.

Agree, listen to Your body and stay hydrated!