Lightheaded, dizziness advice

(Alec) #21

Christie
Have you checked your blood pressure? If not, might be worth doing to check all is fine. You MAY find that your BP is in the lower end of the range. This can cause light headedness/dizziness.

BP is easy to check these days as you can get cheap BP monitors.

Just a thought.
Cheers
Alec

(Christie) #22

I agree it has just been the last 3 days I’ve had these symptoms and it’s not with a change of position. I can just been sitting at my desk and getting surges of dizziness

(Christie) #23

Yes! I’m actually a nurse and checked my blood pressure yesterday. I normally run on the lower side, so my thoughts were maybe my volume is too low. It was a little higher than I normally sit so that doesn’t appear to be the issue. I bought some bouillon and extra magnesium last night. I’m hoping to fix this soon! :pray:

(Ashley) #24

Make sure your electrolytes are up. Make
Sure your eating enough. Salt salt salt. Also pickle juice always helps me. I’ll drink it and usually will feel better after.

(icky) #25

Hi Christie,

Electrolytes are tricky.

Not only does each electrolyte have to be balanced, but they also have to be balanced with each other.

Salt (sodium) is also an electrolyte.

Here’s the important electrolytes and the names for having too much (hyper) or too little (hypo) of each:

calcium: hypercalcemia and hypocalcemia
chloride: hyperchloremia and hypochloremia
magnesium: hypermagnesemia and hypomagnesemia
phosphate: hyperphosphatemia or hypophosphatemia
potassium: hyperkalemia and hypokalemia
sodium: hypernatremia and hyponatremia

The thing seems to be that if for example you are getting “too much” of one electrolyte (lets call it Electrolyte A) then your body will down-regulate that electrolyte level by making you pee a lot.

That has that electrolyte and water flushing out of your system, but also the other electrolytes.

So now, for example your Electrolyte A levels would be fine again, but you’re deficient in the other electrolytes, will get those deficiency symptoms (a lot of them seem to be fatigue/ dizziness and muscle related like cramps, including heart muscle) and will then need to supplement those other electrolytes.

You can get these symptoms from any of the electrolytes and you can get them EITHER from having too much OR from having too little OR from them being out of balance with each other.

So you need to try and find out which electrolyte it is and whether you need more or less of it.

Electrolytes are really powerful body chemistry.

(Christie) #26

Today is the first day I’m legit tracking my electrolytes. Let’s see what happens :slight_smile: Thank you!

(Christie) #27

Thank you for all the great info. This woe is a bit of a pain in the butt in this regard. I love how I’m feeling other than this problem so I’m not going to give up. 3 weeks in and I thought I’d be feeling better than ever by now but I see I need to tweet this…

(Kristin Bedsole) #28

So has it gotten better? This happened to me today. I know I need to up my salt and probably potassium.

7 months in and I still get dizzy sometimes.

(Christie) #30

I’m totally back to normal thank God! Added chicken bouillon for sodium, zipfizz, and magnesium calm at night.

(Ashley) #31

Zipfizz has been a savior for me. I love it. Super sweet but I feel a lot more energy with it.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #32

Costco doesn’t carry my Black Cherry anymore and I had my last one yesterday. :slightly_frowning_face:

Debating trying their Limon flavor one.

(Ashley) #33

Sams club only carries fruit punch and grape. I like fruit punch, haven’t tried grape yet. They have blue raspberry I want to try at some point online.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #34

The blue raspberry has an extra carb, so 3 instead of 2. Found out the hard way when I ordered it from Amazon.

So that’s my son’s flavor now.

(Ashley) #35

Oh didn’t even know that, it’s cheaper at Sams club than amazon so I decided to do sams club

(LeeAnn Brooks) #36

I’m a Costco employee so I just pick up while at work. I don’t do the S word. :wink:

(Ashley) #37

I would love to do Costco instead but my nearest one is 45 minutes away, verses 20. Its a shame cause I’ve been to one before I love the products, just that drive to me is to much.