Let me get this straight-If I drink heavy cream and eat butter I’ll be skinny?

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #76

Why are you doing it then?
Why are you trying something you cannot believe and know nothing about and have such an argument against?

Best advice I can give you is to research the hell out of it.

I’ve lost 15kg, I eat whatever I want whenever I want and as much of it as I like (to satiety, which my body recognises very well) and yes, I am very very healthy! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Karen) #77

I eat about the same calories that are used to only it’s different food.

K

(Melanie) #78

There are various “versions” of keto eating, but the ketogenic diet/WOE can be modified in ways that will make you GAIN weight. Eating keto to the point of becoming fat-adapted is the main thing, but even when you’re fat-adapted (body is using fat instead of simple carbs for energy), you have to consume fewer fat grams than you burn in order for you to lose weight. If you eat 3000 calories of pure real butter in a day, but you only burn 2600 calories total, then your metabolism hasn’t had the opportunity to tap into the stored fat on your body, which is the whole point of eating keto for weight loss. You have to have a deficit-intake of energy so that the body is forced to consume STORED fat when the intake is used up. That’s my take on it, anyway. I’m not a keto-guru but it’s what makes sense to me. It also explains the countless times in my life that I have gone on a no/low carb diet and stop losing after about two or three weeks… because I was consuming way more cheese, mayo, meats, etc. than my body could metabolize. And each time my body got wiser to what I was about to put it through (I think that’s why for some of, becoming fat-adapted takes much longer… we have to show our body we’re serious this time.) Weight loss slowed, I lost motivation, then back to the old bad eating habits. Until I was ready to do the same failed thing again.

(KCKO, KCFO) #79

Do you have life issues that are stressing you out? Is there a reason you feel driven to over eat?

Just eat fatty meats with salad and dressing for a while, with only bacon and eggs for breakfast, if it still doesn’t work, then find another eating plan, as you can not get this one to work.

Why are you doing it if you think it won’t work for you? I do it because I love the foods and it started working right away for me. Maybe you should try another approach. I have friends who do great eating vegan, maybe try that?

I am starting to feel the same way.

Get yourself some nice pork belly and tell me how many slices you can eat without throwing up! I could eat a 5 pound Bundt cake containing 4 cups of sugar and want more, but 2 thick slices of pork belly with broccoli and some butter, and I’m done!

(Liz ) #81

I feel skinny at 5 foot 8 and 160 pounds LOL. My husband is DEFINITELY skinny at 5 foot 7 and 120 pounds. I can see every muscle on his frame! We had no idea he really even had that much bodyfat to begin with. He only went Keto for the health benefits and now he looks cut!

(Casey Crisler) #82

Maybe the term eat to satiety is throwing people off. I had to look it up when the dudes mentioned it. It means eat until sated.

Wait…:thinking:

(Randy) #83

That, as they say, is the question.

(Randy) #84

The info is out there Tons of it. But it’s your job to make it work for you.

I’m not saying you’re trolling. But your contributions to this thread feel “trollish” to me…

Same here. Hubby did it to support me and lost 20 pound. He also feels great, and honestly didn’t believe he had 20 pound to lose!

(Blue Polka) #86

I’m counting carbs and calories and I am so hungry!

(Carpe salata!) #87

So stop counting calories and go with (sensible) satiety. :slight_smile:

(Frank) #88

Eat!

(John) #89

I suggest reading the FAQ page here: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

You might also find Mark Sisson’s blog useful. He has an article that may help you understand some of it: https://www.marksdailyapple.com/where-i-part-ways-with-the-popular-keto-movement/

(hopefully it’s OK to link to other sites - I am not affilated with that site in any way other than as an occasional reader).

(Erin Wilson) #90

Why would you need to count calories? I know my calories, but ONLY because the App I’m using also gives the calories, along with the macros.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #91

I have that problem sometimes. If I eat way too much food on any given day, it will take me a few days to lose the water weight. So I don’t track calories to the tee but on chronometer I do check to make sure I’m not, say, 500 over for the day.

(Pete A) #92

If you don:t want to be accountable for what kind and how much food you’re eating, you don’t HAVE to be Keto! :grinning:

Good luck.

If you’re hungry, eat fattier meals until you find you can go to the next meal, without being hungry.
More fat = less hunger (generally speaking).
how many calories are you eating?

Indeed.
This person has been given plenty of links and resources and still does not appear to be “getting it” while making somewhat eye-catching posts.
Keto principles simply aren’t that difficult to understand.
Smelling like a troll here.

(KetoQ) #95

John –

Mark Sisson has lots of great content, and yes, feel free to post links to other relevant sites and discussions.