Lazy keto and weight loss

(kilfli) #1

I’ve read in several places that obese men typically do well with lazy keto, but it doesn’t always have the same effect on obese women, or people who are not obese. For the last 4-5 days I’ve had no trouble eating a reasonable amount of food, however this morning when I got home from work I was so hungry. I ended up making some whipped cream and ate that before I went to bed. I woke up way to early, again ravenous, ate half of an avocado, and some macadamia nuts.

At the risk of sounding like a child needing constant reassurance, I am curious how many “normal”(ish) weight people, who just needed or need to lose 10-15 pounds have been successful not counting calories?

Thanks in advance. You’d think I’d be all over the freedom of not counting, but the idea is so foreign. I feel like I am breaking the law when I go over what I think I need to be at.

(Jay AM) #2

Not a normalish sized person but, here’s a good discussion.

(Jean Taylor) #3

You’re assuming that on lazy keto you eat more. That’s not necessarily true. I track and eat normally (keto normal) and towords the end of my eating window realize I’m still missing a good sized chunk of my protein frequently. Then try to get that protein. If I weren’t tracking I would have eaten the same things up to that point and just end up not getting enough protein. Im sure a lot of people would under eat fat instead and have a calorie deficit even larger than my protein would cause.

(Chris W) #4

I was nearly morbidly obese a few months ago I am now “heavy” by that insane measure. 19-20% BF, that is by most standards on the high end of normal for a male my age. I am shooting for 9.5% BF at some point no particular weight.

I look at it this way, the harder I try, the harder it is too loose weight/BF.
When I was pushing to meet a goal a couple months ago I did far worse and had my only backwards slide for more than a couple days. Your ideal body, and your bodies ideal body are two different things.

Without question, when I don’t try, and I don’t go over my carb limit, I am still burning fat. Has it slowed down, yes, is that a major concern, no. I stopped counting calories around the second week, and I have a very good idea of the protein I need, and a sketchy idea of the fat I need because I have so many sources now. When I feel I have hit a stall or I should be doing better, I load up on the fat for 2 or three days and then fast or cut the fat back. Sometimes even when loading the fat my weight was already dropping although that is really subjective because it was outside of my normal weigh in window.

So when you finished that avocado and macadamia nuts were you still hungry? if yes then you should eat more. Its almost like the old adage you need to spend money to make money. You need to eat fat to burn fat, and that realization for me has been a crux of my WOE now. That and never do the same thing twice in a row or for too long lest my body get used to it.

KCKO