Kicked out of ketosis

(Hyper1 Hyper) #1

I have lost 25 lbs in 3 months last year. I started again 15 days back lost 6 lbs but sadly from the past 3 days, I gained all the weight back. I didn’t cheat. Strictly no carbs. I took 40gm MCT and 40gm heavy whipping cream for fats, 250gm of meat and lots of lettuce. This is my diet every day. Minimum 14 hours fasting. I used regular salt instead of sea salt and I cut down on fats to 20gm. I am worried I am kicked out of ketosis.

(Carl Keller) #2

Welcome @hyper1_hyper.

I would be careful about constant fasting. Many keto experts recommend mixing things up to assure our bodies that famine is not a real threat. A pattern of restriction can lead to adjustments in our metabolism and this will make will make weight loss difficult and dangerous.

The best advice I can offer is to make sure you are eating when hungry and make sure you are eating enough. Also, eating the same thing day after day is not just boring, it keeps us from getting a variety of vitamins and minerals. That feeling of “getting sick of eating the same old thing, over and over” is our body telling us to please diversify our diet. Listening to our body and making the right response is the foundation for good health.

To kickstart ketosis you will need to up the number of fat grams per day. Fat is what we are trying to convince our body to burn for fuel and fat plays an important role in satiety. For the first month or two, fat should make up the greater portion of what you eat and after your body gets good at converting it to energy, eating less fat will encourage the burning of body fat. Don’t get ahead of yourself.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

Hello hyper, first calm down and don’t be for a minute. :grin:

I think you should drop that cream and MCT powder and get variety into your diet. Eating the same way everyday gets you and your body stuck in a pattern. You should not be measuring meats or fats like a ration. You should work towards listening to your body’s signals. The only requirement is to keep your carb count under twenty net carbs per day. You should let your appetite dictate how much and when you need to eat based on hunger. Right now this early into keto adaptation fasting is not generally advised. Instead let your body adapt to fat as fuel and in a month or so you can implement IF fasting on the clock effortlessly and push the ratio of hours fasting daily to burn burn more body fat.

Nothing wrong with sea salt! :cowboy_hat_face:

(Hyper1 Hyper) #4

Thank you CarlKeller. I will followed your suggestions. I took fats yesterday like nearly 80gm. It helped.
Thanks David. I heard that MCT oil works better than any fat. But here on I will try other fats too

(Ethan) #5

40 gm of MCT oil is > 20gm; therefore, you had more than 20gm of fats by that alone. This sounds like you are barely eating any food…