Kicked out of ketosis?

(Lonnie Hedley) #21

I picked up a ketomojo because it’s covered by my HSA. As others have said, if/when you get kicked out is n=1. 35 g of carbs probably won’t kick you out. I sometimes do hostess cake binges (hundreds of g of carbs). Last time I did one, it took a day before I was kicked out. This leads me to believe my body used up available ketones before it started using the glucose. After a couple days back to keto my body was back to producing ketones.

Again, n=1.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #22

I have a one-day lag getting kicked out as well, so what Lonnie says makes perfect sense, as far as using up the remaining ketones. I have been doing keto for six months so usually a day after getting kicked out I am back in, at least at 0.5.

(Jane) #23

Really? Do you have to be diagnosed as diabetic for it to qualify for your HSA because I’ve never been. Does the HSA cover the test strips also?

(Lonnie Hedley) #24

There was no specification that a diagnosis was required. Only that BG meters were covered.

The ketomojo site also indicates coverage by HSA’s with no diagnosis requirement.

If the meter is covered, I’ve assumed the strips are covered as well.

(Heather~KWOL for life!) #25

Good discussion, starting week 4 tomorrow. Tonight I ate all keto, but was trying yo get my fat intake higher and inadvertently doubled my net carbs. It was cottage cheese and ricotta cheese dessert thing, you take 1/4 cup of ricotta, tsp vanilla, sweetener to taste…in my head I thought I would be good…when I entered my amounts in I was truthful…grand total of 41 cabs for the day…but I did get my fat intake up past my protein intake :wink: I’m not going to stress about it because I’m not changing my KWOL…but I am going to use my keto IQ breathalyzer to monitor just to see how it affected me, then I will know next time !