Ketonix: yay or nay?

(Jeff Waters) #1

I’ve seen mixed reviews on this device. The most concerning describing it as a random number generator.

I’m fine if it is not accurate a blood testing so long as it correlates.

What say you?

I gave up trying to get mine to work :skull:

(Louise ) #3

The inventor Michel is here at Breckinridge at the low carb conference. He said that he has updated his software. Remember that it is long slow 15 second breath. Is there anything specific you’d want me to ask him while I’m here?

(Steve Stephenson) #5

See https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/our-keto-cancer-stories-intros/2140/32?u=sks23cu

(Cathy Schroder) #6

I have gone back to using blood ketone tests. I couldn’t make sense of the readings from the Ketonix.

(Liz) #7

I had mine for two weeks and then my computer stopped recognizing it as plugged in. The readings I got the first two weeks werent always consistent. Could be that I wasn’t using it correctly or that the readings are confusing but for 200+$ I would expect something a little more specific and clear.

(Amanda Burton) #8

My hubby and I have had really good luck reading ours. His numbers are very consistent! My numbers tend to be all over the place, but accurately reflect when I “feel” I’m out of ketosis. We follow the usage directions to a “t.” Super important to make sure it is at least 15 seconds of breath from the bottom of your exhale. This is the only way to be sure it is taking the same measurement each time.