Ketokrate

(chad) #1

So I seen on Facebook a keto krate delivery box thing that sends you stuff every month. Has anyone tried any service like it? What’s yalls opinion on this or any service like it?

There are a lot of YouTube videos of people unboxing their KetoKrate:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ketokrate

Watching what they had in those boxes, I found out about some interesting products I hadn’t heard of before, but overall I never found the boxes interesting enough to sign up for the service. Instead, I just watch for new product review videos that KetoConnect puts out. They get a lot of products sent to them for review. I will then look them up on Netrition and Amazon, to see how much they cost.

(Carl Keller) #3

I misread the title and thought this was about keto karate for a second… alas it is not. :fist:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

I thought it said “Ketorade” which is what Ken Berry calls it. :rofl::cowboy_hat_face:

(chad) #5

Lol come on yall. K-e-t-o-k-r-a-t-e

That help? Lol

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #6

I read Keto-rate too, like keto karate. Maybe we should form a keto-rate group for exercise?

(Running from stupidity) #7

I read it as “Keto Krap,” and I’m sticking with it. #eatrealfood

(Diane) #8

I did it for a few months awhile back. I thought it was overpriced. I found some products that I liked, a few that I loved and will order to this day but a bunch I didn’t care for. You can watch the monthly unboxing of the Keto Krate and another keto snack box (I can’t recall the name) on High Fat High Fun’s YouTube channel.

Aaron does a monthly give away of an extra Keto Krate. You get an entry if you leave a comment on his unboxing video. He also does some reviews of the products which are included. I really like his product reviews and can tell if it’s a product I’m willing to try. I don’t always agree with his assessment on those products I do end up buying, but that’s okay.

I personally detest the review videos posted by KetoConnect. They don’t actually try many of the products they refer to. They go through them very quickly, so I don’t find the info they present useful.

(Running from stupidity) #9

So nothing has changed since they initially saw a business opportunity in the emerging keto space and decided to exploit it. Got it.

(hottie turned hag) #10

Oh yes I despise those two. Everything they offer is available for free elsewhere, all over the place, online. Plus if one were to PAY for dietary guidance who would pay these two youngsters with ZERO degrees in any health/medicine related subjects (the guy doesn’t have a degree at all) instead of paying IDM. Morons.

Their bios on their site make them sound SO INSIGNIFICANT; I can’t imagine a PR person wrote them. Their own self description should make anyone with sense immediately shun them.

My guess is their following is young, stupid folk who are into being on trend.

Admire their business acumen though, slick!

(Diane) #11

Also, neither Matt nor Megha has ever been overweight (according to their own claims) or metabolically disordered. They are in it to maximize their health. Nothing wrong with that. Many (if not most) of the people asking them health questions need advice from either an expert or someone with experience resolving their own issues. These guys don’t fit the bill.

Edit: I probably need to stop commenting on them publically.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #12

Whereas I read it as being about Greek keto: Ketokrates :grinning:

(chad) #13

Well I think about 2 of the 10 or 12 replies might of been helpful to me on this thread. Thanks

(Full Metal KETO AF) #14

Only two have tried Ketokrates. Don’t get so serious! :cowboy_hat_face:

(hottie turned hag) #15

Ack you’re right. My post was pretty unnecessary and unhelpful :no_mouth:

Re: your original q, prepackaged stuff is gonna cost you more and be of questionable quality so best to stick with regular food you can buy and make yourself. These packages of keto stuff are just a way to sell stuff that is either unnecessary to eating keto, or can be gotten at one’s local grocery.

(Allie) #16

I just find them annoying.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #17

Excellent ratio! :+1: :grinning:

(chad) #18

I wasn’t being serious just pointing out the obvious. I was looking for help and got complaints about other stuff. It’s all good but thanks for your opinion

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #19

Welcome to the Ketogenic Forums! :rofl:

But seriously, is there more we can (try to) help you with? Trying to get us to stick to the topic at hand is not al all like herding cats—because it’s so much harder—but I, for one, promise to try to fully answer your questions before going off topic. Again. :bacon:

(chad) #20

It really is all good. I been kinda cranky last couple days. I’m usually the first one cutting up. I’m on my first week back of keto so I’m just adjusting again and getting my head right. I probably was being d1ck1sh lol