Keto vs. Carnivore Ken Berry MD and Dr. Berg

(less is more, more or less) #21

I have hearing problems as well. I don’t know why he doesn’t put a mic in front of his mouth? That’s the main reason his audio remains garbled. Zak is clear and easy to understand.

(Bunny) #22

Choline is the deal breaker with the fatty liver (or fatty pancreas) controversy; high or low carb, high fat, low fat, carnivore, vegan, omnivore or otherwise.

It DOES NOT MATTER; it is always about the amount of CHOLINE at any time in the diet, period!

Footnotes:

[1] Top 10 Foods Highest in Choline

[2] Top 10 Foods Highest in Methionine (body converts methionine into choline)

[3] Top 10 Foods Highest in Cystine (Cysteine)

(KCKO, KCFO) #23

That is why I eat all the eggs I want, along with steaks, chicken, & pork chops. My genes need lots of choline. I eat some veggies, like broccoli, pickled/fermented veggies, and salads, they are like condiments for me. I like greens but not 10 cups worth daily, ain’t happening.

Ken Berry says we should eat GREENS, He has a video dedicated to it and the line he uses throughout the video is “shut up and eat your greens” but I did not bookmark it so I cant post it without a bit of work.

P.S. I agree with him . . . I’m not an evolutionists and I believe we were designed to be omnivores but not junkfood-ivores. As Ive said before, keto is not a religion with me, it’s a healthy condition and I just happen to be serious about my health.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #25

@Hap One of the things I truly admire about Ken Berry is that he’s on the journey with us, has also had to tweak things and change his routines to keep moving forward just like the rest of us. He doesn’t cling to ideas and things he says as absolute truth when he gets new information or knowledge from his own experience.

Unlike many high profile medical personalities he is apparently not
concerned with losing face by contradicting himself and his main concern is sharing knowledge and ideas as they come to him.

So sometimes there are apparent contradictions if you haven’t been following him over time and watch videos out of sequence. Although I think the older stuff is still relevant, because as you know there isn’t just one correct way to do things and new routines always shake things up. Most recently he’s been carnivore for about a year or more I believe because he discovered that he has less inflammation and had begun losing the stubborn last pounds. But he doesn’t tell everyone that they should do like he does and go carnivore, only shares his experience and how it’s helped him as an individual. :cowboy_hat_face:

(KCKO, KCFO) #26

I saw him at the Carnivore event in Boulder in March. He has been doing muscle building since last Dec. and he was sure buff. Looked great.

I like how he is willing to change when he learns new things. Isn’t that what we are all doing?

He got into this when he was almost 300 lbs. and wanted to change himself. He is a delightful blogger and I like how he says what he thinks and will tell you something different when he learns more.