Keto supliments

(Gina Voss) #1

Hey. There are a lot of supliments that have keystone’s and bring you into ketosis faster and help you stay in ketosis. What Ingredients do I need to make my own.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #2

You can’t do it yourself, as far as I know. And, ketones will fluctuate over the day and over time. You also don’t need supplements to get into ketosis, although there may be some benefit to select groups of people seeking deep ketosis for medical reasons. Don’t stress on the numbers (unless you are in a situation like mine and need high ketones. Even then, figure it out, but don’t stress :slight_smile: )

The easiest way to get into ketosis is following this guide:

(Carnivore for the win) #3

Watch Dr Berry’s video about “keto” products. It addresses this topic in part of it. I find anything that has keto in the product name is processed crap that will do more harm then good.

(linda) #4

Thanks for posting this Elliot! - This was a good reminder of staying true to the basics of real food. I have fallen prey to a few of these things - MCT oil, keto bars and exogenous ketones. Dr Berry is straight forward guy.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5

Ken Berry used to use and talked about MCT oil not so long ago. He talked about using it in coffee to make OMAD easier while seeing patients. I do like that he’s not afraid to change his view and share it as it happens. Even if it’s against what he said previously. MCT oil is really useful to some people, others have GI issues from coconut oil. But I agree not necessary. The rest of the list was junk for sure. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Carnivore for the win) #6

I noticed a few things like that in the video, but it is definitely good information and I agree with it. Dr Berry is always updating his information. Sometimes he even backtracks on things, but he is very open about it.