Keto sense

(James storie) #1

I have gotten into the habit of ordering a venti Caffè latte from Starbucks made with HWC instead of milk once a week. Today after I thoroughly enjoyed this treat, I believe I actually felt myself slip out of ketosis! For a span of about an hour or so I got really sleepy, then it passed and the energy came back. I’ve been ketogenic for 2.5 years. Could it be I can feel the slip in and out?

(James storie) #2

I know HWC is mostly fat, but at almost 2 cups worth in a venti, that’s around 30 grams of carbohydrate.

I can definitely feel it and I’ve confirmed that feeling by testing blood ketones.

I’ve come across a personal hack where I consume only sucralose in water which is insulinogenic for me and since I’m no longer insulin resistant as far as a fasting insulin test is concerned, the sudden release of insulin drops my blood sugar enough to trigger a release of more ketones.

Screw exogenous ketone supplements, give me a little bit of sucralose and I’ll make my own on demand!

(James storie) #4

I’ve never actually tested for ketones, but I’ve been eating this way for so long now I believe I’ve got a pretty good feel for ketosis. I would like to invest in a ketonics breath meter. I can definitely feel when I’m in or out but yesterday was the first time I’ve felt such a definite switch. It was almost like someone flipped a light switch off then after a while switched it back on!