Keto reboot

(Wendy) #1

Well after a yr of SAD diet. And the Dr told my husband to go back on Keto. Due to super high Blood pressure.
We have restarted. Keto-vore, this time. To my surprise 1 month into it. I have been more successful than last time. 11#! And according to the mojo. Ketone level is 1.9! Husbands blood pressure has improved. And has lost 9#. We also have been doing in combination, intermittent fasting. With Black coffee, and fresh Lemon. The whole lemon mixed in the Vitamix blender. Really happy about the results so far.
Amazing how much I have learned in the past yr.
This has to be a Lifetime change. Not just a diet.
Thank you for all the tremendous info from everyone on this forum! Your experiences really help.

(Robin) #2

First of all…. YAHOO FOR DO-OVERS!
We do eventually learn on our own or nature and our bodies will take the wheel. Glad you are back.

It’s never too late to turn around.
You got this.

(Rebecca ) #3

Congratulations to you both on your health improvements!!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Excellent progress! Congratulations :+1:

(Wendy) #5

Thank you soo much! It’s definitely a good start,and very motivating.

(Wendy) #6

Thank you Paul!!

(Wendy) #7

Thank you. Rebecca, We hope he will be able to get off at least 1 of his meds! :crossed_fingers:

(Wendy) #8

It’s been about 3 months. And -20# Since my reboot. So just alittle update!!
Great news!! Have transitioned to Carnivore. Much better results all around! First off is the attitude change. I have now made my number 1 goal, health. Not numbers. Figured my body will make the choice as to my optimal weight.
And have been able to bring my A1c down to 5.3,cut the 40mg Omeprazole in half.
On the carnivore diet, have done research to realize that grass fed and finished does make a difference. And have included intermittent fasting.
Eating 2x a day. And eating till I am pleasenty stuffed. It’s a great feeling not counting micros, Or calories. Really helps with the stress.
Not always being hungry is a huge advantage to Carnivore.
Some interesting learning on uTube. If you get a chance listen to Ben Bikman PHD, and of course Dr Ken Berry. Dr Anthony Chaffee just to name a few.
They are a wealth of knowledge.
Certainly has changed my life!!!
:blush:

(Wendy) #9

Hi Everyone!
Good news update!! 8 Months in. I’m totally off the Metopolol. Blood pressure ranges between 103/67-115/70. And have cut the Omeprazole in half!!
Down #30. Has been and continues to be a learning experience. How the human body reacts to foods and environment.

(Robin) #10

Whoa! You go, girl!

(Wendy) #11

Thank you!!!:slight_smile:

(Rebecca ) #12

Thanks for sharing your healing journey! It gives me a lot of hope…and I’m sure for others, also!

(Wendy) #13

Just keep on!! Never give up!! Be patient. And remember everyone is different. :blush: