Keto Pancake Batter

(Angela Nunn) #1

So I purchased some Keto pancakes “Diabetic Kitchen Low Carb Pancake and Waffle Mix”. They aren’t bad, but they are not great either. The batter burns quick and pancakes are flimsy. I would say worth the 6net carbs with some zero carb and zero sugar by Walden syrup.

(Laurie) #2

It’s so easy to make good pancakes with either flax meal (ground flax) or cream cheese, no need to bother with mixes.

Easy cream cheese + egg pancake recipes abound. They are really nice.

It’s hard to find a flax pancake recipe that doesn’t call for some other kind of flour, but they do exist. (I can’t be bothered with almond flour and all that.) I use pancake and muffin recipes interchangeably. Here is the muffin recipe I use; instead of using muffin tins you just make pancakes with it:

Mix together:
5 eggs
1/2 cup oil (e.g., olive oil)
1/2 cup water

Add and mix in:
1 1/2 cups flax meal
1 Tablespoon baking powder
Salt, sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla, etc., are optional.

Fry 'em up. Basically no net carbs–just whatever is in the eggs and flax, depending on which label you read. Most recipes call for more flax than what I have here, but more flax makes them too dense.

I think some people make pancakes (or at least waffles) using pork rinds, but I’ve never tried it.

(Allie) #3

Or just 1oz cream cheese to 1 egg and blend, quantity depending on how many pancakes you want. Optionally add vanilla or cinnamon, sweetener if you want it.