Keto for my little dog?

I was told years ago not to give pork to dogs. Although mine get some when roast pork is being carved up!!! I don’t know why but you can’t buy pork dog food

(Allie) #83

I feed it, but have to be careful as sometimes it can upset my boy’s digestion.
Always cooked, never raw.

(Denise) #84

says it gives them parasites if not cooked properly. It’s probably all the slop pigs are fed, or at least used to be?? I’ll stick to chicken, free range, grass fed meat, and wildcaught Salmon, things like that. She eats her pumpkin and doing very good on all people food now. Also water is near what it was with dry dog food, her pee is good and regular as well.

I cut her food back as she get a lot of exercise with walking as much as we do, but she is still 2 lbs over what the vet said was her good weight. I think if I get her to 7 lbs, from 8, then I will feel happy with that weight. What do you all think about it? I can still feel her little ribs, so she is not overweight imo but like more input on amount of food for her. Maybe I’ll see if there’s a calculator for dogs height, weight age like they have for us :wink:

(Denise) #85

Yes, wouldn’t do raw pork with what I’ve read about it. I like her eating what I eat, all cooked. I have tried, yet, to give her a vegie to chew on. And I still haven’t scored any bones she can safely eat.

(Denise) #86

I’d just like to know opinions on this ingredient list from the dog food Mimmie’s been on since I got her in Nov. 2020. I still use a bit of this with the people-food I’m giving her:

I am having second thoughts about transitioning her over to people-food. I’ve read that it is really hard to get all the nutrients they need from food like I eat. I truly respect everyone’s right to feed their pets the way they want to, so I just really would hope to get opinions more on the ingredients included in this dog food brand. There was one I tried from Canada, produced there, that is 2 x the amount of this one, and I thought this ingredients was way better.

As far as trusting labels, who can fully trust what we buy, unless we raised the food ourselves?