Keto flu at 4 weeks?

(Judy Cintron) #1

Hello all. My first post im new here. I have been doing keto since January 13. I have lost 10 within first 2 weeks. No new weight loss and I’m ok with that for now. I don’t have a huge goal of weight to lose. I started off at 175 I’m now at 165 and my goal weight is 145-140. I know I’m not fat adapted as I don’t have much energy and still crave sweets. My question is, is keto flu possible week 4? I have such a bad headache like I’ve never experienced in my life. Also is it normal to not be fat adapted at week 4?

(Karen) #2

I get dehydrated. The amount of salt and not drinking enough effects me with headaches.

K

(Renee Slaughter) #3

Same here. I needed a lot more salt than I thought. Are you getting your electrolytes?

(Judy Cintron) #4

Probably not. I’m still trying to figure this all out.

(Tessy M.) #5

Yes, absolutely.

(Judy Cintron) #6

Thanks I googled and couldn’t find anything. I’m glad I found this site though! :grinning:

(Candy Lind) #7

I think the numbers I’ve seen around are 4-5000 mg of salt per day. Search “how much salt” to be sure. You likely need to supplement magnesium and possibly potassium as well. You can find plenty of info on that with a search. To help keep your electrolytes balanced, try making @Brenda Zorn’s KETO-Aide, an inexpensive homemade electrolyte drink. I drink a double recipe (minimum) daily. Don’t panic when you see a magnesium source that’s normally used as a laxative! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Judy Cintron) #8

I think I read somewhere 2 cups of chicken broth per day helps. I drank one cup and I feel way better. I am taking a magnesium and potassium supplement along with b12.

(Lisa) #9

I too started this way of life January 23rd. To date I have lost 14lbs. And had a headache almost every other day until I realized it wasn’t dehydration it was lack of Mineral rich salt. I now make sure whatever I make I add salt in it or I salt my food. I also precook 3lbs of bacon and keep it in the fridge. No headaches for over a week!!!

(Shromona Das) #10

Hi! Im on the 9th month of a keyo lifestyle and honestly, I felt like what you described for about 8-10 weeks in the beginning. I cheated badly during Christmas and am now paying for my sins (i.e. having trouble getting fat adapted) and it’s been four weeks of eating strict keto and I feel like that once again. Yes, salt helps. But it’s not going to help your heavy eyelids like you didn’t get any sleep. Don’t worry, you’ll be bursting with energy in no time. And once you do, you wouldn’t crave sugar. Have stevia for the time being. And apple cider vinegar. I also do gymnema sylvsetre it’s miraculous.