Keto Eating Disorder trigger?

Hey so I’m 8 years “recovered” from Ana/bulimia that spanned over a decade and nearly took my life. I’m now educated about the medical/psychiatric components of my previous dx. My question is if any of you who have a similar history found thus diet triggering?/caused relapse? I know this is anecdotal but I would like to poll the crowd anyways.
Cheers

Former anorexic here but was recovered (for the most part) for 20 years before going keto. I personally have found it a very helpful WOE - it helps me eat more nutritiously & intuitively.

(Running from stupidity) #3

Also, if you do a search on “anorexia” there’s a fair number of threads you can read through.

Annoyingly, “ED” is not searchable as it’s too short.

Good, I do feel really happy eating this way…my issue is that I haven’t tracked food in ages and I’m currently doing so for this first few weeks of keto. Just going to stay away from scales!!

(Diana ) #5

And, I thought at first the poster was referring to Erectile Dysfunction.

Thanks, I’ll search for that:)

(Running from stupidity) #7

You know what they say: A Freudian Slip is where you say one thing and mean your mother.

:slight_smile:

Once you’ve tracked for a little bit & understand what works for you there is no real need to do it constantly. I track now & again to keep an eye on my micronutrient intake but I also go long stretches without tracking.

I weigh & measure once a year & only do that because I’m trying to build muscle :slightly_smiling_face:

Lol…nope!

(Carl Keller) #10

Hello and welcome Chippy. I can’t answer your question but I do think this WOE is healthy, sustainable and puts you in better control of your hormones.

The first time I ever googled ED, that’s what popped up (so to speak).

(Running from stupidity) #11

I call that “CarlKeller’s paradox.”

(Daisy) #12

I have battled binge eating and mild Bulimia for much of my adult life. When I’m eating strict keto I have no issues. However I tried veering off plan over the holidays and slipped into some pretty dangerous ground the last few weeks. I had some moments I’m not proud of.

Be kind to yourself @Ketodaisy :hugs:

@ChippyDD & @Ketodaisy - FYI there are quite a lot of posts here https://www.reddit.com/r/xxketo/new/ about various EDs & the xxketo reddit is nothing like the regular mean & scary reddit :wink:

(KCKO, KCFO) #15

If you haven’t listened to this podcast, you might find it helpful. Erin is a member of these forums too, you might PM her.

At least you know when you get back on Keto you will feel better! The holidays are hard for anyone…let alone someone with an eating disorder! We are human and allowed to have a moment as well…you will get back on track! Stay strong❤️

(Bob M) #17

Is it possible to change “ED” into what you think it means? I also thought there was something that caused erectile dysfunction.

(John) #18

Changed.

(Bob M) #19

Thanks, makes sense now.

(Mike W.) #20

I’ve found Keto to be quite the OPPOSITE :joy: