Keto Diet = Energy and Stamina?

(Davy) #1

In my mid 40’s, I used to could work 10 hrs pretty hard labor. It was in my mid 40’s I gave up exercise. Early 50’s I had no stamina…if working for 3 hours I would be totally exhausted. Course I weighed 35-40 lbs more. A week ago I painted my old truck, which took me 2 hrs…I was plum wore out/exhausted. I had no energy for days. (still at 35 lbs over my weight of the glory days)

So I"ve embarked on the Keto WOE (way of eating; avoiding the word diet) six days ago.

So. Will the Keto WOE give me lots more energy and stamina? If so, this will start when I’m fat adapted?
What does everyone think? All input appreciated.

(Scott) #2

I guess I would say some people get instant results and some don’t. There were subtle changes that I could “feel” after about a week but it was more like I know something is different. Still didn’t know if it was a positive change or not. After about a month I knew I was liking the weight loss and had a better feeling overall but one think was causing doubts. I am a runner and my runs just sucked bigtime! I could normally go run six miles without a thought. now I needed to take walk breaks frequently. I started wondering if this WOE was going to work for me. At about the three month mark I was running up a hill and it hit me “this doesn’t suck anymore!” It was as if a switch was flipped on. I thought it is about time, I finally felt like a fat burner.

Somewhere months later I no longer felt the need to snack in the morning. I had quite the macadamia nut addiction going for awhile. Now after 17 months I feel I can occasionally skip a meal. Quite a feat for someone who got hangry if I didn’t eat every two hours.

Back to your question, yes I think you will get more energy but it will take time and build slowly. I for reasons unknown stopped exercising for a few months. I didn’t gain any weight and could maintain easily. I started to see the return of insomnia so I am easing back into running one mile to the gym to workout and running back home. The funny thing is I expected to need to insert walk breaks but didn’t need any. I like and prefer this WOE and no longer look for results or weight loss anymore. It is just the way I eat now. Good luck and stay the course it just keeps getting better and better.

Edit: BTW I am about to turn 58 and getting ready for the first ski trip in January (Copper Mountain)

Adaption time first :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You might feel more tired. More sluggy. Kinda ‘off’ in some ways cause your body will start dumping tons of toxins from your not eating crap chem. foods.

So you have to get thru that first…til you get to the great energy and other benefits.

But yes you will get it I am sure. Your brain fog will clear probably. Your energy rises. Your body will physically ‘truly feel’ more alive. It is wonderful.

Your flip over from adaption into the better benefits will be on your own personal timeline. How much toxic stuff is being dumped etc…but for most it isn’t ‘that long’ and you might get away lucky and not have much adaption time. It is very personal for each of us.

Can’t wait til ya come back and say how great you feel eating this way and are getting good energy and feel so wonderful!

(Windmill Tilter) #4

When you were eating SAD and getting tons of exercise, you had tons of energy and stamina. When you became sedentary and ate SAD you had no energy and no stamina.

I’m not sure how that equation balances by eating keto.

It sounds like if you want more energy, you need to be more active. Granted aging undoubtedly played a role, but I don’t think keto is going to be a magic bullet that gives you the same energy that you had in your 40’s when you were very active. Keto might help a bit though, so its worth a shot. It will take weeks before you’re properly fat adapted, so it might get worse before it gets better. I hope it works for you!

(Davy) #5

Thanks all. I guess it’s this way with anything…you gotta go through a little hell before you get to heaven.