Keto confusion

(Marlene Fazekas) #1

hi there. I started keto 3 mo ago approx, just reading about satiation. is this good or bad?? I find I am not hungry. just wondering if that is why I am not losing . i have lost 30lbs but at a plateau now. does anyone fast to increase ketosis? or break ketosis to reboot

(John) #2

“Satiation” just means “not hungry” or “feeling like you’ve had enough to eat.” Doesn’t mean “stuffed so full you can’t possibly eat another bite.”

Eating to satiety means “eat if you are still hungry but stop when you are feeling full.”

(TJ Borden) #3

So… 30lbs lost in 3 months…

What’s the problem again?

(Candy Lind) #4

So you are IFing already. If you want, you could try a 24-hour fast, later working up to 48 or more. This might break your plateau. Or, you could change up the amount you’re eating (some bigger meals, some smaller) to shake up your system (this is recommended anyway - our systems are always trying to “normalize” at new levels if we keep doing the same thing constantly). OR - your body could be doing some inner healing and reorganizing (taken body measurements lately?), and you could just KCKO. :wink:

Plateaus are a completely normal part of weight loss. You’ve lost so much in so little time, it might be good to maintain a few weeks before losing again. Yes I know that sounds discouraging lol. But it’s the advice my mom’s doctor gave her after she lost 40-ish pounds.

I’ve also read that a boost in cardio exercise might help. Also, maybe reducing fats a bit (assuming this does not have the effect of making you hungrier).

Good luck and stay strong! :slight_smile:

(Carpe salata!) #6

If you’re not hungry, you might try fasting? Try 1 day then 2 or three… Fasting broke my plateau. Fasting is a natural part of our evolutionary past. Our bodies know well how to do it.

I am no expert - I did three 5-day fasts. So far… :wink:

(MelissaH) #7

@Marlene_Fazekas I was going to suggest shortening your eating window, OMAD, or some fasting. When I did I started losing again and pretty quickly too.

(Marlene Trahan Fazekas) #9

thank you for the information

(MelissaH) #13

I would try to shorten your eating window and see how you feel

(TJ Borden) #14

Why is most of this thread flagged?

(MelissaH) #15

I wondered the same thing? The OP responded comments seem harmless

(Ashley) #16

Yeah wondering the same thing with the flags!

(TJ Borden) #17

Maybe someone got the flag confused with the heart? :rofl:

(bulkbiker) #18

Something to do with the name change after the first post? Just a guess…

(bulkbiker) #19

Well looking at the thread title maybe we shouldn’t be surprised?

(TJ Borden) #20

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

(MelissaH) #22

Not sure who did it, maybe just a glitch… nothing to take personal though😉

The discord forum software is automated. It might just be because you posted 5 times in a row instead of using one post to thank people. So the software might think you’re a spammer. Just a guess.

I’m sure the mods will fix it when then see what’s happened.

(Michelle isaacson) #24

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl: