Keto careers?!

(Kim Miller) #1

HELP! I’m in the pharmaceutical field and I’m having a fundamental conflict of interest! I have no passion for what I do anymore. Although, I’m in dermatology, not diabetes or cholesterol, those would be really hard to stomach! I just turned 50 and have been in this industry for 20 years! I just don’t want to do it anymore. My passion is in this way of eating, love eating this way, talking about it, cooking for it! But there aren’t any career paths to follow if this is your passion unless you are very fortunate-Brenda Zorn? If only becoming a keto nutritionist was a real thing, widely accepted and paid well?!

(Mel Soule) #2

How about being a coach? Life coaches come in all forms and functions. I for one (ex pharma guy) have been an executive coach for last 20 years. Since going keto have added lifestyle coaching to the practice and now have 3 emerging keto life style clients. With 20 years in you’ve received more training on anatomy, physiology and pharmacology than any medical school graduate. It’s a solid foundation to build upon.

(Kim Miller) #3

That’s a thought, but i need a consistent salary with good pay. I’m the primary bread winner and I’ve got one in college and another soon to be! I’m a part time yoga instructor, but that doesn’t pay much! its really frustrating, I like your thinking though! Will think through your suggestion! Thank you!

(Troy) #4

Great Topic
I’m interested in this lifestyle career move or change as well
Bookmarked

(Zoe ) #5

With your role as the bread winner maybe you could consider a side hustle. You could do it on the side and see what there is a market for, what you enjoy doing and what you are good at. Then if it builds to the point that you have enough revenue to leave your job or go part time great. If not you are helping people out.

Think about the things to do with keto that you or others have needed help with. You may simply help others as a side project that does not bring in money. Perhaps you would find that you main job can fund this and you get the reward of helping others. That might take the pressure off so you can enjoy helping out more. You could blog, create youtube videos, start a support group in your local area.

Brenda has found a job related to keto but before this, of her own initiative she has helped lots of people for years, honing her skills while not expecting to make money of it.

This is a great podcast that might give you some ideas for a side hustle.

https://sidehustleschool.com/

(Kim Miller) #6

Thanks! Thats awesome, will check it out…

(fubeca) #7

I am in the same boat as well. I really don’t enjoy my job, it pays well but I have zero passion here and have a ton of passion in the Keto World! I am not interested in being a coach or one of a million podcasts :wink: but can you become a nutritionist and push keto? What else is out there?