Keto at costco 😊

(eat more) #1

sorry about the poor image quality…costco has crazy lighting lol

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #2

Let us know on the Vogel recipes, I have Emmerich book and LUV it!

(eat more) #3

i didn’t buy either one…but i was happy to see them “in the wild” :blush:

my one friend has been checking out Vogel’s site because they share some of the same food sensitivities…maybe she’ll buy it LOL

(Sheri Knauer) #4

I just got Leanne Vogels book the other day but haven’t gotten a chance to read it yet. I heard an interview with her and she was talking about different strategies you could try if you were having some issues with keto, such as feeling exhausted after eating a keto meal, which I sometimes feel but have not figured out why. I was interested to read what she had to say about that and she seems to also focus on other issues women who are keto may see. I am always interested too in some good keto recipes.

(Roxanne) #5

Costco is pretty mainstream, so it’s cool to see these books there!

(ianrobo) #6

yeah think it was mentioned on Jimmy’s podcast about getting it into there, I rather in the US thats a major thing ?

We should always remember that this is NOT a fad of course but great to see … wonder what google trends for diets in 2017 so far will show ?

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #7

@Sheri_Knauer sold me on her book, I look forward to diving in!

(Roxanne) #8

I put it on my list to see if they are available in Canada.

(Dustin Cade) #9

I listen to Leanne Vogels podcast, she is pretty interesting.

(Ernest) #10

If only they could have their macadamia nuts on a special.
Who can we talk to? LOL

(Bacon for the Win) #11

Yeah, Leanne Vogel was on with Jimmy Moore and I’d like to get her book. No Costco near me tho. No B&N either. Going to have to be an Amazon purchase if I really want it.

(eat more) #12

i looked on amazon last night…cheaper than costco (by 22 cents lol) with 98% 5 star reviews out of more than 500

I made 3 recipes from Leanne’s book last week. All were delicious: kickin ketchup, mini bacon wrapped meatloaves, and roasted Brussels sprouts with walnut “cheese” sauce. The ketchup has an awesome flavor, will be a staple in my fridge!

(Roxanne) #14

Nope not at my Costco in Canada - all they had were vegan/vegetarian cookbooks, blechhhh!

(eat more) #15

i caved and bought the vogel book…
i told myself “if it’s still there” (i mean it is costco)
only 2 copies…hiding way in the back on the bottom…thankfully i have eagle eyes :eyes:
now only 1 copy left

edit: so far the recipes look really good!
there are even variations of some of our homegrown forum recipes :scream:

now i might have to get the maria book on your recommendation…especially since she’s local to me…that counts as shopping local right? lol

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #16

I thought you were in sunny CA, are you in western WI / eastern MN?! I grew-up in MN, then SD for 2 years, River Falls WI 6 years, and now eastern WI 20+ years.

(eat more) #17

oh oops…
i was confusing maria with the nourished caveman who is in ojai, ca…i think :joy:

(Jacquie) #18

Think I’ll get Leanne’s book as I have a similar approach to keto - dairy free and whole foods. I’ve never been more than 10-15 pounds overweight but I was pre-diabetic. I came to keto, dairy and AS free (from Whole30), and stayed that way for the first year. Felt faboo! Slowly, added dairy and AS back because so many keto folks use both but I didn’t feel as good. Also, learned that I’m probably lactose intolerant (still eat butter and Parmesan, now and then, which are okay). AS were probably raising my insulin, as I could pack away a lot of sweet/creamy treats. I’m now dairy and AS free again. Even though I’ve been keto over 2.5 years, I think there’s always something to learn from the different approaches to keto even if it’s to say, no, that approach won’t work for me. Besides, I’d like to support another Canadian. Actually, I’m a dual citizen with the States (how Canadians refer to the US). :smile: