Keto and kidney

(Bernadette Rainey) #1

Hi has anyone followed Keto after being diagnosed with a change in kidney function

Thanks

(Wendy) #2

Welcome to this awsome forum! Kidney function, other than going alot. No problems. Been Keto since April. I have found,for myself. If I dont take the adequate supplements, urine output is less. Listen to your body. It will let you know what your lacking! For instance. I take a B complex every day. My urine is almost florescent. My husband made the comment that I shouldn’t take it every day. So I switched it up. Well proved that I need to take it every day cause if I dont, I get canker sores. So agian they’re not for anyone. So just listen, and be aware of the your body.

No, but I wonder if you could find information if you looked at Dr. Jason Fung’s stuff online, or Dr. Bozworth, or Dr. Phinney. They often post Youtube videos that can be very informative.

Edited to add one Youtube video I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttK01rOSR5A

My kidney function has improved since before keto (nearly 3 years now). I was on dialysis for a few months in 2008 after a kidney failure.

My mom started keto earlier this years. She has since gotten her highest eGFR in years, moving from stage 4 to stage 3B of CKD.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5

I have a kidney transplant. My regular nephrologist told me he wished most of his renal patients would eat keto too. Transplant nephrologist team is happy too. Been eating this way about 14 months now and get many healthy benefits from KETO. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Bernadette Rainey) #6

Oh that’s great news, I understood the kidney couldn’t get better in terms of function , thanks think I will do Keto bx

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7

@Bernadette_Rainey It cannot get better, however it can stop further damage from high insulin which is the root of kidney disease in most cases. :cowboy_hat_face: