Keto Academy and Exogenous Ketones

(Richard Morris) #41

Yep. You sure are. :slight_smile:

(Todd Allen) #42

Of that 22 g about 10 g is sugar alcohols, amino acids, citric acid, and stevia, etc. Ketone salts taste bad and need a lot of help to be palatable.

(Richard Morris) #43

So that would be 12 2/3 packets a day ā€¦ so $443 a day or roughly $161,927 every year.

(Todd Allen) #44

Hereā€™s a label from Pruvitā€™s Keto OS, one of the more successful/popular exogenous ketone products.

An amusing thing to note is the product has 41 calories, 20 of which are accounted for by carbohydrates, leaving at best 21 calories of ketonesā€¦

(Bunny) #45

Love :heart:the liver lol image

(Linda Culbreth) #46

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

(Richard Morris) #47

The energy density (attwater factor) for ketones is roughly 7 kCal/g so that would imply about 3g of the product is usable ketones, making the product 15.4g of fillers including 5g of which are carbohydrates - probably making sure you donā€™t make many ketones of your own and confound their result.

OK letā€™s do the math again :slight_smile:

3g per pack, we need 57 in a day so thatā€™s 19 packets, @$35 per packet thatā€™s $665 per day or $242,891 per year ā€¦ manufactured by my liver.

Apparently I need to work out a way to rent out my livers production of ketones.

(VLC.MD) #48

Iā€™d bet Dr. Fung could dialyze you of the ketones :clown_face:
Bottle it and sell it ?
If you stayed Keto, and ketones were artificially removed (via dialysis) your body would likely ramp up production ā€¦ likely ramping up fat burning !

So youā€™d get rich and get skinny :bacon:

Of course, as you got skinnier, youā€™d likely produce less ketones. That could hurt profits.

Quickest solution would be to gain 50 lbs of fat on a SAD diet (extra HFCS) :lollipop: and then get back into ketosis.

Did I just find a use for the Ornish diet ? Who knew !

(CharleyD) #49

Bwahahah, oh man Iā€™m dizzy, this is why I come here :crazy_face: