Karim's muscle gain carnivore adventure

(Mario) #222

i see. it is called HIIT these days, for me its cardio.

in that way you are right, pure (poor) cardio is not helpfull.

(Karim Wassef) #223

Day 9

Woke up at a glucose of 90 and ketones of 0.4

Also … my wife’s love in the form of homemade ghee cooling in a glass pot of gold

:smiley:

She complains about my eating and lifting but she’s made of love

(Mame) #224

I am guessing you enjoy the 2 hour workout? I think that is awesome you figured out something that works well for you.
I am rather time-poor right now so lifting is just more efficient for me and I enjoy it way more.

(Mame) #225

beautiful! I bet she is happy you are looking to be around so much longer due to your health improvements as well.

(Karim Wassef) #226

Not so sure sometimes… :joy:

I’m not “normal” from her view (I call normal boring)… I ask her to help me with my ice baths & she can’t stop laughing at my shivering breathing exercises and wants to take pictures instead!

I asked her to cook with duck tallow and she did it once… we compromised with DIY ghee.

Life isn’t fun without a little playful stress… maybe

(Ethan) #227

Jealous of a sushi buffet that has no rice!

(Mame) #228

I would take video in order to lift my spirits later in those down moments! lol :wink:

(Karim Wassef) #229

I know! It is an awesome sashimi bar with great options. The red snapper they had melted in your mouth and the mackerel (usually the fishiest) was so fresh my daughter went for seconds.

They make nice rolls and they have other foods & deserts but I have no interest.

The only “dalliance” was the salmon roe sushi where I didn’t eat the rice, the oyster in a baked shell of mayo and cheese, the lamb chops, and a raw oyster. The rest were either sashimi fish or barely seared tuna.

(Karim Wassef) #230

Cruel… so cruel… :smiley:

https://youtu.be/UeqoOk_j-Ms

Check that vid at 1:00 for someone who’s “got this”

(Karim Wassef) #231

Today’s cooking (but not eating) adventure is a full rack of pork ribs… fast style 1.5hrs foil

(Ethan) #232

What city is this?

(Karim Wassef) #233

It’s DALLAS, TX

(Neil) #234

Wow, that’s an awesome sashimi buffet! You’re making me want to plan a trip to Dallas just to check that out. I mean, it was already on my bucket list for the barbecue, but this adds yet another strong reason to go. :smiley:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #235

I love your counter top!! :heart_eyes:

(Karim Wassef) #236

it is pretty cool. lots of motion!

(Karim Wassef) #237

Dinner today was better… under 160g protein at least. :smiley:

The pork ribs were too good not to partake…

(Karim Wassef) #238

data update… glucose constantly high and ketones low

and GKIs have rarely been under 3

and weight is increasing again

(Karim Wassef) #239

and since I’m counting macros to share:

After 9 days, I’m at a net surplus of +1733 calories (accounting for the latest RMR test).

Assuming all that surplus goes to fat, that’s 193g of fat = 0.4lbs. Clearly super simplified and erroneous but I wanted to see how the 4lbs of weight gain “could” be aligned with my surplus. It doesn’t… so a lot of water and food are probably still the drivers.

So… this week I plan to eat to satiety and not let my desire for meat to run away with me. :smiley:

(Karim Wassef) #240

Day 10.

I am getting a little concerned now… my fasted morning glucose was 99 and ketones of 0.3

Last night ended at 90G, 0.4K and that was hours after dinner.

Before dinner: 88G, 0.4K
After dinner: 84G, 1.1K

So after eating, glucose goes up slightly and ketones go way up. Then returns to low ketones over the evening. And then overnight, glucose spikes again and ketones fall…

I haven’t seen fasted morning glucose this high in months… so a correction is in order

(Karim Wassef) #241

So lost 1.2lbs overnight… not attributing any specific meaning to it. Just an observation of water and food flux.