Just venting

(Susan) #41

I can feel your frustration, Jennifer, as I have had those moments in my Keto journey as well.

I had to do a lot of adjusting to figure out what worked for me and I think that is true for all of us, as all our bodies are different.

Personally, I had to eliminate all artificial sweeteners and most of dairy. (On special days like a holiday, etc I will still have a Keto sweetener treat but this is rare now). I still use Butter and a bit of cheese at times, but I had to totally get rid of my HWC and that was hard. I use a product that I buy at Costco that has a long shelf life (and only needs to be refrigerated after opening (then use container within a week).

Kirkland Signature Organic Fortified Almond Beverage -Vanilla Flavoured (yellow box, you get 6 for around $10). The ones I am working on at the moment do not expire until February 9th, 2021 and last for 1 week per carton so it is good value wise and works for me.

I use it in coffee, tea, herbal tea, and it is a good alternative for me.

We are all here to encourage you, I know getting to your goal can be frustrating at times, but you can do this! I wish you all the best =).

(Jennifer M Palacios) #42

Thank you, Susan. :heart:

I believe this is what will be the hardest for me but I am going to give it a try. I love my coffee with HWC and after dinner most nights I crave a little “dessert” type thing. That’s where the SF jello or keto chocolate comes in. But I am going to try to stop.

(Edith) #43

Isn’t that always the way? My weight comes of ounces at a time if at all, and for my husband it just melts away. Sigh :frowning:

Not always but it’s logical it’s often the case… My SO has a much bigger energy need and it matters. I personally can’t eat less just because my body needs less and it’s way easier to eat much while needing more than eating little while needing little.
But there may be other factors in play… Maybe women are more often comfort eaters or whatever. I am not that but I am more hedonistic than him.
It’s probably due to a typically bigger, more muscular and sometimes more active body. And hormonal things, probably.