Just so tired and no motivation

(Alf) #1

I’m just not sure what is going on. I also started Zoloft so maybe that’s it. I’ve been very faithful. I’m sure I’m in keto dive I’ve been doing this over a month now and tested with keto urine strips that show positive yet my blood keto meter only registered .8 one time and all the other times it’s between .2 and .4 go figure.

(Bunny) #2

The 7 Reasons Why You Are Tired on Keto (Ketogenic Diet): In this video, Dr. Berg talks about the 7 reasons why you are tired on Ketogenic Diet. He also talks about the ways to improve energy.

1. You need more B Vitamins (especially B1 and B5) – these 2 vitamins are crucial in the metabolism and the ability to make energy.
  2. Increase Potassium (Large Quantities of Vegetables)
  3. Deficiency of Stomach Acids (Apple Cider Vinegar, Sea Salt, Betaine Hydrochloride )
  4. Hidden Carbohydrate
  5. Decreased Blood Sugars (Feeling Tired)
  6. High Blood Sugar (Tired After Eating)
  7. Needs More Sleep

(John) #3

not sure how much body fat you have but if your body fat is low and your fat intake is low then that could be the reason. also those meds can do it to ya.

(Alf) #4

I heard about macros but not sure what they are even or howuch I need.

(Alf) #5

I did lower my fat recently because I was not losing ant weight and dice since then I’ve lost 3 pounds. I’m 5’2 and weigh 140 .

(Bunny) #6

Some advice:

Forget counting the macros and calories thing, it’s a serious waste of time (way too much information) unless your trying to fly the space shuttle? You will never see our ancient ancestors (hunter gatherers) stop and say “I think I willl stop and count my macros and calories today and check my ketones” …while eating a hunk of organ meat?

Only count the grams of carbs, net carbs (USA) and grams of sugars (0 grams less than a gram) in anything you eat and stay away from processed foods if possible, only eat organic if possible, if not make sure you get sulfur (MSM) powdered in the bag (not the pills) in your diet to protect your body from chemicals (e.g. fat soluble free radical chelation agents i.e. glyphosates, pesticides, herbicides and fungicides etc.) sprayed on the GMO Monsanto foods that you eat! And always do bone broth fasts! The deeper you get into this, it will be clearer what I’m pointing out!

Fat and protein be very frugal with the intake despite “the eat lots of fat and protein” quotes you will see here and their!

I really like what you said here, and I would stand behind this also. You gave some very valuable info here that I wish I had when I first started keto. :white_check_mark:

(Alf) #8

Yes but I literally have zero energy and yesterday diarrhea all day! I’ve done Keto before and never felt this awful for this long. I’m taking Zoloft too so maybe that’s the problem but I just don’t know.

(Alf) #9

What about electrolytes? I think mine are way off.

(Bunny) #10

Potassium are the electrolytes in e.g. veggies like avacados…

QUESTION: How Much Wheatgrass Juice Powder Equals How Much Salad?

(Bunny) #11

Two Reasons of Diarrhea while on Ketogenic Diet:

1. Saturated Fat – You are not used to consuming the amount of saturated fats because saturated fat increases bile production and bile lubricates the colon.
  1. Vegetables – Not used to digesting the quantity of vegetables. Certain compounds and certain vegetables can overwhelm the microbes in the small intestine.

What to do:
Cut back[1] on some of the oils especially those in a liquid forms like the MCT oils, added butter or coconut oil.
Switch the type of vegetables that you are consuming to vegetables that are more easily digested by your current microbes.
• Consume more fermented vegetables

Temporarily Avoid Vegetables:
• Onion
• Garlic
• Artichokes
• Beetroot
• Leeks
• Brussels Sprouts
• Cabbage
• Green Beans
• Avocado
• Blackberry
• Cauliflower
• Mushroom
• Fennel

Safe Vegetables:
• Lettuce
• Cucumber
• Tomato
• Zucchini
• Bell Pepper
• Bean Sprouts

footnote:

[1]…meaning your consuming too much oils/fats? You will eventuallly be able to adapt and digest fats/oils more easily and excluded veggies with time and with the added improvement of your gut flora biome ratios e.g. bone broth fasting