Just hit goal weight, new to maintenance mode!

(Jill F.) #1

So I have already read lots of threads on maintenance but I am planning on doing a monthly check in here to help me stay in maintenance mode and hold myself accountable.

Any oldies with tips and tricks to help maintain and not lose more or regain would be greatly appreciated!
I am eating around 20 carbs a day, around 90 to 100 protein and around 120 to 140 a day in fat. I dont track everyday but this is an average. I have been doing IF and usually only averaging around 900 to 1200 calories a day when I eat to satiety.

I currently weigh 150, I am 5 ft 4 and 45 years old. I am very happy with my weight and size and wanting to maintain between 145 to 150 and tone up. So happy to be in maintenance mode!!!

(KCKO, KCFO) #2

You might want to join in over on this thread we do a new thread each month.

(Allie) #3

Maybe support you? :blush:

(Allie) #4

You beat me to it by seconds :joy:

(Ken) #5

The only real difference is if you want to add some limited carbs back into your pattern. If youā€™re comfortable without them, you donā€™t have to. If you continue to lose fat, just let it go until your body finds lipostasis naturally.

If adding carbs in, lipostasis is a matter of glycogen management. In order to start adding fat you first have to refill glycogen, with carbs beyond that causing fat gain. Sooo, donā€™t eat carbs chronically in order for glycogen levels to be below full. Practice what I call ā€œCarb Awarenessā€, understanding chronic carbs are detrimental, periodic carbs are fine. It really takes quite a few to fill up glycogen, about a days worth, above and beyond what you burn, then excess above that to start adding fat. If I eat carbs on the Weekend, Iā€™ll skip them for a couple of days.

Your weight will flux due to glycogen, so if you have a significant fast weight gain its only water. Cut out carbs and quickly see the water weight drop. Once you do it a few hundred times youā€™ll get the hang of it.

(KCKO, KCFO) #6

Iā€™m also closer to the servers being USA based. :joy::rofl::joy:

(Carl Keller) #7

I would stick to real food and if you want to experiment with good carbs, go for it. In my experience, Iā€™ve found I just donā€™t have a taste for things I used to love like potatoes and rice. The only thing higher in carbs that I seem to enjoy are roasted sweet potatoes and eating those 2-3 times per week made me gain about five pounds over a month. Once I stopped eating them, the five pounds melted away pretty quickly. Iā€™m sure the weight was the result of glycogen being stored in my liver and muscles.

I havenā€™t been trying to be real strict with my carbs per day but I find my meals of late have been gravitating toward a carniverous way of eating. Itā€™s just what my tastes seem to be happiest with so Iā€™ve been going with it and my weight is pretty stable. Iā€™ve been hovering around five pounds under my goal weight.

(Jill F.) #8

I imagine I will not ever be introducing things like rice, pasta, bread, etc, back in. I just have no self control with those white processed things!

I am thinking about maybe dabbling with some keto cookies or keto pancakes just for something different once in a while. My birthday is in a couple of weeks so thinking of doing a keto cake :birthday: I have eaten pretty simply over past 6 months with steak, chicken, green veggies, etc. I have not tried substitute foods like keto breads or anything except very sparingly.

Congrats! Welcome to maintenance mode!

Iā€™ve been on maintenance for the last 4 months and have managed to maintain a steady weight very easily. I have still lost fat during that time because Iā€™m slowly gaining more muscle.

I donā€™t keep track of any macros but I do weigh myself daily and tweak what I eat based on the scales. Occasionally I have cheat meals (maybe once every two weeks) but can usually get back to maintenance weight in a day or two after.