Just getting started on Keto, little help?

I recently started the keto diet a week ago and am just now finding out about the different amounts of food tour supposed to eat. Ive been eating the right foods Im just bot sure if I have my percentages right. Anyone have Breakfast Lunch and Dinner recipes for the dah to keep me in my numbers?

Forget about ratios and percentages. Keto is a simple concept – Minimal carbs, adequate protein, fat as needed (for satiety).

You want to keep carbs low, because that’s what keeps you in ketosis. The 20 grams of net carbs is a lowest common denominator where ketosis is almost certain, but many can go higher. But, in general, the lower the better.

You need to make sure you get enough protein, because your body needs them. It will vary depending on your lean body mass and activity level. Make sure you get enough. More is better than less, and it’s hard to get too much.

After that, it’s fat and calories. If you’re trying to lose weight, you’d want less fat. But if you’re hungry, you need to eat more fat. Maybe a little protein. But as few additional carbs as possible. Early on, it’s OK to go above a calorie goal. Later on, for most people, getting into ketosis provides a natural appetite suppressant.

When I do the calculators, the only thing I take away is the grams of protein I may need.

(Candy Lind) #3

There are loads of free diet plans out there, but I think the simplest to follow are at DietDoctor.com. You can use their meal plans and soak up all the incredible educational videos they have for 2 weeks, I believe, then it’s $9 a month. I pay it even though I don’t use the meal plans, because I want continued access to their recipes and videos and I believe in what they are doing. They also have some great “infographics” - charts that show what to eat, and the most keto/LC friendly veggies from lowest carbs to highest, things like that.

And what OgreZed said - just keep the carbs low and don’t sweat the rest! Sure, you’ll have to tweak things later to keep losing … MUCH later. KCKO!

Ok that makes it a lot easier thank you! I wont need the recipe then I guess. Ive been eating steak, cottage cheese, Zucchini, bacon wrapped egg muffins and Salmon.

Thanks so much for taking that off my mind!