Juice

(Allie) #21

The only juice that works well on keto is @juice

It’s basically a massive shot of sugar that will mess with your body big time. Why do you want it?

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #22

Haaaaaaa! Hahahahaha!

(Sheri Knauer) #23

lol!

(Sheri Knauer) #24

Here is the reason I would say No to juice for the Vitamin C:
Both Vitamin C and glucose can enter cells using a critical protein known as the Glut-1 receptor. The Glut-1 receptor has a preference for glucose, which means it will choose sugar over Vitamin C when given the opportunity.

So in other words, vitamin C and sugar share the same receptors to enter a cell and prefers the sugar over the vitamin C so your cells receptors will suck in the sugar and the vitamin C will be urinated out. The fruit juice you are consuming, like others have said, is just sugar.

I would suggest making your own Liposomal C. Its pretty easy once you get everything you need for it. I will attach a link on how to make it, which in turn will have links to purchase the ingredients from Amazon should you choose to do so. I always have a batch in my refrigerator.

(Carl Keller) #25

Juice isn’t good for keto, but keto is good for juice.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #26

Juice is the liquid extracted from a fruit or vegetable, separated from its fiber. By definition, it is sugar water. That does not mean that it has no nutritional value. But it does mean that it has carbs. The degree that it effects ketosis is individualized. Some people are metabolically healthy enough that they can consume juices while maintaining a state of ketosis. Most folks on this forum, do not fall into that category. The only way to determine how it effects you is to test your blood glucose prior to and after drinking it.

My family doesn’t drink juice. We do consume smoothies- blenderized whole fruits/veggies, which retains the fiber. It’s a vessel for integrating some foods and supplements (ie. collagen, EGCG powder, chia seeds) that we otherwise wouldn’t consume. It is also an efficient means of increasing caloric intake, if weight gain is desired.