Joint pain and slight mild fever ~Not Flu ~Help

(Shannon) #1

I am having migratory joint pain. Apparently I’ve been hard on my body in my life if this is releasing toxins. 48yo F. I’ve been on and off Keto since Nov 1 and did well the. Over Christmas got off. I’ve been really great this month and finally merging my body back on Keto but this time my body hates me. Wrists started hurting , then shoulder blades, then the next day fingers and shoulder joints. I have a slight fever and trying to get through this. I will try the salt, the mct oil, the lemon in warm water but if this doesn’t stop I’m going to head to the doctor and she will probably tell me to get off. This is the ONLY thing that works and makes sense for me. I’ve lost 25 lbs all together…sad.
One thing I’m worried about…Im a recovering alcoholic 10 years sober. My alcoholism was bad for about 3 years. Always feel like I screwed up my body. I always feel guilty when my body rebels on me. :disappointed:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

You should probably see your doctor, because this sounds like an illness, not a consequence of eating a ketogenic diet. When symptoms begin right after a major change like that, it is tempting to assume that one thing caused the other, but that’s not always the case, and I’d hate for you to miss a real problem.

Of course, if you return to eating carbohydrate and the symptoms go away, that would be an indication that perhaps keto did cause them, which is a whole different situation. I am not a doctor, and I’m biased in favor of keto, of course, but for the life of me, I don’t see how lowering your carbohydrate could cause the symptoms you report.

If you do go to the doctor, and she tells you to stop eating keto and you don’t want to, just ask her to explain how she thinks that change in how you eat could cause such pain. See what you think of her explanation and decide what to do from there.

(Edith) #3

Sounds like an illness. Are you in the Eastern US? It almost sounds like Lyme disease. Definitely go to the doctor.

(Shannon) #4

So today I’m feeling much better. Joints are fine for no reason. I am in full Ketosis now. Is it possible that was my version of the keto flu?

Why is this sad?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

I think her point was that she was sad about possibly having to give up eating keto, not about losing 25 pounds, lol! :grin:

(Shannon) #7

Yes that was my point. :blush:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

I’m glad to see you’re feeling better. Stay well, and keto on! :bacon: