Jerky Jubilee ZC July!

(Karen) #61

Sleep as per, wakeful but I nearly got my hours in, gave myself a good window of opportunity anyway!

Up before the alarm just before 8am, 100 stair runs, ran to CrossFit and did wod, ran to the bank and ran home ate some cold roast pork shoulder then got my bath and went to tea dance with Raymond. Nice afternoon, more dancing than last Thursday when we were testing the ground so to speak. Home and out in the garden with some more Roast pork, some cold water prawns and some cheddar. Watered the garden ā€¦ Nice and hot today so they were in need of a drink and this hot weather supposed to be with us through to next week, when I return to work :roll_eyes: oh well negatives into positives, it will be nice for running to work and home again! :smiley:

Last night I ordered a big water bottle in prep for work which arrived this morning on standard delivery, Amazon I love you :kissing_heart: , 2.2ltr so I will fill that each morning on arrival and that will keep me going all dayā€¦ probably on the loo hahah.

Since doing the 75 day hard challenge i have met my goal of 4 litres of water a day and it has become very easy to get through it all now, one of the 6 habits a day for the challenge! Yay

Dammit!

Norn Iron are 1 nil down.

They are full of hope because itā€™s their first time at that level.
Have to be realistic about it :man_shrugging:

Keep 'er lit :shamrock:

2 goals down now. Oh dear. Norway clearly out classing these young people from NI.

:ok_man:

Looks well - I nead to eat more prawns, my freezer has a bag or two of them which Iā€™ve forgotten about.

(Michael) #65

Thank you for your suggestions, but unfortunately, Miro did not make it :frowning: Not surprised, but we tried at least.

You lost your pup? Then you lost your best friend.

Iā€™m sorry friend, I know how that feels like.

Take care x.

Rabbit I mean? Apologies.

Making a note here about an interesting flavour combination. Mrs Bear has started drinking beef bone broth like a champion as she likes the creaminess. Today I saw her putting a shot of coffee into it.

Has anyone ever tried beef bone broth coffee?

(Edith) #69

Thanks for the update.

Ahhh, yea baby bunnies are one of those hard to save rescues but you tried! Sorry Miro had to leave but I sure applaud your efforts for him!

@Karen18
you got yourself a big jug there K!
cool

@FrankoBear
so wild about Mrs B loving the bone broth, good for her too and add a shot of coffee, wow. Maybe a new morning drink to enjoy.

------------today is simple
ribeye to start and NY Strip steak for second meal. Whereā€™s the beef? Right here in my home cause I am hankering on beef again big time. Yum.

I went to a movie last night, THOR, Love and Thunder and kiddo got us into this over the top insane theater. Massive, and I mean incredibly massive screen, with engulfing surround sound and recliner chairs that vibrate thru you and the noise level of the movie was overkill.

It made me sick. Like riding a rollercoaster or being strobed lighted into a seizure or just having a trip on vertigo truly. Screen so big the action moved so fast and big in front of your face that it almost made me woozy and become sick on my stomach. So loud the recliners vibrated and when a big big boom hit, it vibrated into oneā€™s chest and gave my heart an actual shock knock. So bright was the screen in your face and we sat way up and back from it and yet it felt like I was in row 1 of a regular movie theater.

I ate 1 small handful of popcorn thoā€¦after that I had no desire for any cause the theater was a giant sensory overload I could not handle.

I actually left for about 1/2 hr to the car on this 2 hr movie cause I was actually getting sick like on a rollercoaster. Somehow I suffered thru the rest of it and came home withā€¦what?..you guessed itā€¦a big azz headache HAHA

today is eat beef. swim in the pool. relax somehow. leave the world behind day for me.

ZC on strong everyone!

These pork rib chops look like a Yin and Yang symbol. Cooking on the wood-fire stove. The blue glove in the background is a welderā€™s glove. We use it for lifting hot iron cookware, or for reaching into the firebox and adjusting the burning logs.

(Karen) #73

Oooer @Fangs I couldnā€™t sit through all that crazy cinema. Last time I went to see a film was the original jurassic Park when I used to hold the hands of both my kiddies ! I find sitting a chore for a start and of course I wouldnā€™t have been able to cope with that noise and the adrenalin rushing about my body from the shocks , jurassic was bad enough it was all I could do to stay in my seat it was making me jump about so much :laughing:
Good to hear youā€™re in love with your beef again :laughing: I have just had the best rump for brunch with the beautiful speciality butter, tastes divine :slightly_smiling_face:

(Karen) #74

All looks pretty tasty @FrankoBear. Do you ever cook indoors ?

I remember the first film I went to like that. It was a Michael Bay directed Transformers film (where cars and trucks transform from robots). I went with some students on a ā€˜field tripā€™. They excitedly asked my opinion after the film (they loved it). I just stood in the cinema foyer fighting vertigo and said, ā€œI think I have dislocated my eye balls.ā€

The sensory overload that people need in modern society is scary. Over sweetened foods and beverages smash away any real taste. Noise and flashing lights are consensual deafness and blindness. Are they trying to sense they are alive? I prefer the calming low carb lifestyle and getting outdoors in the fresh air and sunshine, or diving deep into the embrace of the cool ocean.

The woodfire stove is in our kitchen. It heats our small home in winter.

I thought of you K while watching this crazy movie in this insane theater. I thought about you mentioning loud noises and too much coming at you during conversations too fast truly makes you spin a bit.

definitely sensory overload. I truly experienced in a bad way thru THOR and I have to say I thought of you, sitting thru this and how bad it would be for you.

ya know I donā€™t know if it was just me but everyone else was ā€˜seemingā€™ to love it, packed theatre and in the end they clappedā€¦clapped LOL and I was like ā€˜just get me the hell out of hereā€™ and into the wide open parking lot HAHA

@FrankoBear
very insightful post FB! That is true. Have to have more and more sensory intake to ā€˜feel moreā€™ could be a real issue of what life is becoming and while that happens we dull everything good about us, like empathy, compassion, volunteering for charities and people connections to help humanity, and so much moreā€¦so does being over sensory take from what life truly should be in alot of other ways? You got me thinking here.

I am you FB. I am an off the grid farmer and leave me and my horses alone and get out of my space HAHA I love your lifestyle and I was a farm and my more reclusive life doing the ā€˜almostā€™ off grid type life but I am a minimalist type too so I want very small compared to others so this lifestyle suits me. I am an RV vacation person in nature, always was and always will be. Tent had to go, now I climb into a dry rv kind bed vs. sitting in a giant Tstorm in a wet flooding tent on a deflating air bed HA

------------bad news with mother in law. Drs are more ā€˜think hospiceā€™ now vs anything encouraging and my hubby is kinda now losing it a bit. He is overloaded and I just keep saying breathe, but he is like in his own little sad world at the moment. I know, I just did it 4 mos ago with my mom and 5 yrs ago with my Dad and thing is, my parents ā€˜everything was fastā€™ but I think his mom has ā€˜enough sickness not to kill ya but linger you out alot longerā€™ and that is weighing on him too. I didnā€™t have this situation but somehow it seems more weighing ya know. Sadness all around.

Then get this. Dog to vet for bump on tummy. Kiddo is saying get him to the vet now, he has a big bump. I feel it. I say that is just fatty tissue on the end area of his rib cage but she is adamant to get him to the vet since this little Bolt is like her brother truly. Inseparable for the last 11 yrs. So I take him in, vet feels lump and says, fatty tissue all clear and fine. I breathe a big sigh and THEN she checks lympth nodes and they are swollen over all his body and she says, we got trouble. I tell her he is eating a bit weird and I made a dental cleaning/fix appt in Aug cause I think he has a bad tooth area and she says, ok that could be an infection from that bad tooth area swelling the lympth nodes OR it is cancer. I was like OMG. 2 wks of big antibotics to see if infection and if yes nodes will go down fastā€¦if no change in nodes and bigger, biopsy for cancer.

I am like after all this, how can we now do it with the dog? When I told kiddo she took it all kinda ok but I see the omg in her face. It is like the little Bolt the Papillion is now the last straw on the camelā€™s back before we all fā€™ing crack up.

ugh

and so it goesā€¦(thanks all for allowing me to blow it off me and just chat it out into the universe!!) it helps me clear my brain to type it out!!
:heart:

I started this comment on Wednesday.

I really want to see what happens if I try to get satiated by leanish pork. I always planned to have similar high-protein experiments (okay itā€™s weaker nowā€¦ I just start with my pork and we will see. I surely add much fat later) but I need very much determination and focus to avoid the automatic flow of fat. It justā€¦ Appears somehow. Of course if I want it, I eat it but way before that it just finds its way into my day and I donā€™t even notice. But tomorrow I will be focused. I hope. I actually planned a nice day with leanish pork and some eggs and sausage to balance it out to a tiny extent. It will be high protein, low cal as itā€™s inevitable. Or not because I decide to eat a ton of fat, who knows? I will just try, I never force myself into anything. But I want to see what happens and only add much fat if there is a very good reason for it.

[ā€¦]
My irresistible desire towards pork chuck (and the soup I made yesterday and didnā€™t taste yet. it has pork chuck too, the bony part) postponed the above experiment. Maybe tomorrow.

For some reason I got borderline hungry very early (I mean, 10-11am) and who am I to resist the siren song of pork chuck soupā€¦? So I ate that and a tiny bit of other things, not good with tiny meals even in the morning now, it seems.
I lost the photo again among the CF cards somewhere, oh well, it wasnā€™t pretty :slight_smile: Just very tasty.

In a few days, about 7 fruit seasons will end (oh well, itā€™s such a general word, I donā€™t blur it. or should I?). It will make things cleaner. I am good enough IMOā€¦ Usuallyā€¦ But itā€™s just impossible to avoid everything all the time. When I see exactly zero reason to do it. I just like to do things properly sometimes and I donā€™t need, donā€™t want, itā€™s just everywhere always and I have my limits :frowning: I planned this week more proper, I really believed itā€™s possible :frowning:
But Carni Satiation is still super strong. Not too bad so I can do TMAD but stronger than ideal. Maybe summer helps too. Though I never experienced losing hunger or appetite even in the hottest weather. At least not to the point that I could lose fat. I probably was less prone to overeatingā€¦?

It rained again, fortunately I did my walk early. It was so nice, I saw 2 blue herons!
No new photo but maybe you want to see young swans in their top majesty :smiley: Like some furry lumpy rocks :smiley:

Okay, a more proper photo with adults.

IDK where to put the focus even if I could control itā€¦ The autofocus on the lense is annoying so itā€™s always manual but I donā€™t see it perfectly in so tiny. But with multiple targets, I donā€™t even know what would be rightā€¦ And I never play with depth of field around the pond. Pretty rarely anyway. I put most effort into the hummingbird hawk-moth and there wasnā€™t even the possibility of perfection, short time went against proper depth of field, I even lowered the quality (higher ISO and itā€™s an older camera, itā€™s not as nice as in modern ones) and it was the brightest day one can have :smiley: But the tiny thing blurs even at 1/2500s! So I juggled with 3 different things - and the moth spent 2 sec on a flower and I had to find the next one, itā€™s not easy with a 300mm lenseā€¦ :smiley: Itā€™s good I had passion, I never was that patient and careful any other time. I just click, mostly and we will see. But I like challenges with a nice reward.
Butterflies are darlings, not shy, spending ages on a flower, being still and beautiful and big :smiley: No challenge.

[ā€¦]
Had some quark snack and then dinner. I didnā€™t feel that hungry but I started to eatā€¦ And I was nearly instoppable. In the end I ate all my chuck.

I tracked (very guesstimated, I left a little chuck in the soupā€¦)ā€¦ 800g pork chuck. 8 eggs. And quark. 230g protein. Well it happens sometimesā€¦ :flushed:
It was nice, I would love to eat more chuck, maybe not today (I could. a bit more, at least) but soon. But I have leaner pork now. Maybe itā€™s betterā€¦
I can blame 2 things.

1. Very early first meal (but I was hungry. and I had nice lovely pork chuck. no regrets).
  2. Too many low-meat days lately. I already noticed that no matter how well I eat, when I finally jump the tempting pile of meat, it is serious.

I enjoyed my food for sure :slight_smile:
I actually felt I had enough pork but then I ate some freshly made sponge cake with quarkā€¦ And then I could finish the porkā€¦ And more sponge cakeā€¦
It was enjoyable and I need my high-cal, high-protein days, apparently. So all is well as long as I donā€™t do it too often.
I am just a tiny bit shaken. It was unexpected, I donā€™t know while, the above points make it not surprising. And tender meat in soup? Super easy to eat.

[ā€¦]
I brought the photos, fortunately all of them.
Another day and I have no idea if my meaty day had something to do with it, but today I have a much better day, mentally and physically. My workout went WAY better, I need to raise weights for all the muscle groups I trained this far.

Today I felt peckish before lunchtime. Itā€™s a good word (and I only learned it a few years ago) as I wasnā€™t hungry, per se or anythingā€¦ But I felt I would be quite annoyed without a lunch.
So I ate this and that. Pork soup with 3 poached eggs, little pork, little brisket, little cheese and tiny sausage, sponge cakes (I made them crispy again in the oven. they always go soft in this humidity and itā€™s not even high now, only 50%. I like the AC, itā€™s a great and quick dehumidifier. I often just use it for 10-20 minutes).
After yesterday no wonder my lunch was smallish.

Ew. I rather never see coffee again (or bone broth. I can keep my meat soups, right? with meaty bones :smiley: those are cool).
In my world, sweets and non-sweets canā€™t really mix. And coffee is in the sweets category, loosely. It doesnā€™t matter itā€™s black. Itā€™s there.

sounds to me like you are becoming a very hardcore "KetoVore!ā€™ which is a great thing if it suits you!! You donā€™t have to be Carnivore or a higher carb Keto plan eater at all, you find you and to me, you are very heavy heading toward Carnivore but keep in that bit of fruit carbs or whatever you like in small amtsā€¦so I crown you a full on KetoVore now when I read what ya wrote!

Very nice pics S! baby swans are so cute :slight_smile:

I totally agree. Itā€™s definitely not for me.
I was maybe twice in cinema in the last decade, maybe just once but even before that, it was way too loud to me. But itā€™s not the same since all the tiny cinemas disappeared and only these huge ones remained anyway.

And I canā€™t even imagine living in a village now. Too many people, too big noise and air pollutionā€¦ Okay, some are probably nicer, I like the nearby ones but I prefer my pretty much hermit life and the complete lack of proper neighbours (I call everyone in 1 km radius a neighbour. thatā€™s a few people. I dig the 100-1000:1 tree:human ratio).

I lived in the capital city of Hungary but never liked it and never could handle crowds. I mean, itā€™s hard not to bump into someone, itā€™s stressful. I donā€™t fear people too much, just to the extend itā€™s right.
But Budapest isnā€™t THAT bad. Especially the place I lived in the end. I had to walk 2-3 hours a day due to no traffic there (I could have do less walk, more waiting and taking a bus but I needed way more exercise than that so I went to hiking a lot) but it was super easy to find a pretty hill for myself . No human nearby, just trees, flowers and some animals. And I was on top, looking down on things. I always liked that.
I like living almost on the top of a tiiiny hill now. The view is nice.
I donā€™t know where are Alvaroā€™s snowy photos, they were good so I just make another :slight_smile:

@Fangs: Iā€¦ donā€™t know what to say.
I just canā€™t handle more negative things. There are more in our life as usual (and the usual is super bad. okay, could be worse but itā€™s not right at all), not own, our best friend but we are sooooooo powerless and things are crazy there (what is with Australiaā€™s healthcare? from this it seems it has basically none. they truly let people in agony for a month? and not as an exceptional case but as the norm? and not doing anything with various huge health problems?)ā€¦

I never call myself a ketovore (that is more vegs and less high-carb items to me). Thatā€™s different from mine, well my woe is always quite special compared to the normal for the actual woe :smiley:

I am NOT at the right place though. I eat things I donā€™t need, donā€™t desire but itā€™s there and itā€™s joyful, actually (or not because I changed again). I like what I have with vegs: lost interest so I barely have a tiny bit of juicy thing (btw I canā€™t eat cucumbers now, TOO SWEET. what happened to my sweetness perception again? keto did nothing to it but carnivore even without doing it changes it). And well, the stews require onions (little as they are super sweet) but I rarely eat them.

It actually annoys me when I am happy with my carni food and still add things. If I get bored with my carni food, okay, itā€™s a necessity. If I feel temptation, itā€™s okay, of course I eat whatever I desire. But if itā€™s justā€¦ thereā€¦ Not good enough. But sometimes hard to avoid. And even if I desire something but in a too big amou8nts and I feel worse, thatā€™s bad again.

I was okay lately but it still wasnā€™t good enough. But almost. And now it gets better again. I want proper carni weekdays. I donā€™t care who is fine with ketovore, itā€™s NOT good to me for long. Whatever it means. I rather do higher-carb days occasionally, I can handle that better and it makes more sense considering my circumstances.
My carnivore-ish is what is right. It usually allows extras just in minuscule amounts. And many things are out (all fruits except lemon). I understand summer is a tad different for me but if I relax things too much, my woe falls apart.
I wrote about it before. My GOAL is carnivore-ish. And I may go beyond it but itā€™s just what happens, not my goal. If my goal was ketovore, I would go beyond 40g net carbs almost surely all the time, even now. And thatā€™s not nice. It doesnā€™t actually matters if I eat 10 or 40g carbs as far as I know, it matters if the vast majority of my food is carnivore. So I need my carnivore-ish mindset/attitude. Even if I break it a bit every day. But I try not to. If I didnā€™t try that, it wouldnā€™t be pretty after some time.

So I go for on/off carnivore-ish. Thatā€™s my style. I am not ketovore as I easily go off keto. And this forum has the idea of keto being below 20g carbs and I donā€™t do that. Only on proper carnivore-ish unless I fancy milk :smiley: But itā€™s better than beer in summer :smiley: And just as carbyā€¦ Okay, okay, I try to stick with lemonade. Basically zero carb. Just not carnivore but carnivore-ish as a few drops of lemon is the only fruit I allow in it. Amounts donā€™t matter, NO fruit in my carnivore-ish. I tried to change it and canā€™t, itā€™s just too far from carnivore, itā€™s SUGAR. Itā€™s almost as bad as honey! Definitely NOT carnivore. I allow milk if itā€™s TINY but it makes no sense to me (cream is much better) so itā€™s out. I stopped drinking coffee not with my meals.

Oh yes, my coffee success :smiley: Baby success, itā€™s super easy to go back to drinking coffee like no tomorrow but STILL! I exclusively drink it in my egg milks. And I can drink egg milk without coffee and I only have 1-2 per dayā€¦ Good. I keep this. Maybe coffee will just disappear completely.

January will be so easier. I am never bored of meat, it will be perfect.
But I can go close between mid-July and mid-August I supposeā€¦? September is weak too. And November is pretty safe, I try to do a carni month there! That is the 2nd easiest month after January I suppose. February is the 3rd (only because I already go pretty carni in January unless I mess it up as I did this year as December wasnā€™t carby enough to turn me off completely. but I could get bored of meat back then, the next one will be okayā€¦ so after a pretty low-carb January I tend to stray again. otherwise February is wonderful as no fruits except rosehip).
June is the 12th, I used to have no keto day in that month but well, I changed so much.

Okay now I wonā€™t talk about fruits anymore (I will try, at least). I want to forget even about their existence already, why are they absolutely everywhere all the time in July too? :frowning: I canā€™t take a short walk in peace. But soon it gets way better as all my big favs disappear. I still need to learn how to pick the rest without ever tasting them. Itā€™s a daily chore. Circumstances matter.
Well, I will train again.