Is there any Vegan Keto people in here?

(Brian) #1

I have been vegan for over 3 years now. Morally, I am unable to bring myself to eat animal products again.
However, I have seen many friends, coworkers and family members lose a lot of weight fast with KETO and I want in.

Also, I just think the knowledge and understanding of how your body works with this way of eating is very interesting. For me the one thing I have always wanted to know how to do is know how to eat effectively. Meaning I want so badly to be somewhat like a bodybuilder, they know exactly when to eat and what to eat to reach their desired goals.

(Ron) #2

Keto can be very Vegan friendly. Do a search on the site for vegan and you will find many discussions about it.
Here is one to get you started -

There is a vegan keto group on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/veganketo/

(Brian) #4

Thank you!

Just a realistic FYI, going for the body of a body builder when being keto is hard enough, doing it when vegan is REALLLLLLLLLLLY hard! I know there’s a lot of people on youtube claiming otherwise… they’re full of shit! If you’re gonna do it more power to you and keep us up to date, I’d love to see the progress, but know that you’re gonna have to do your homework and you’re going to have to have a seriously thought out supplement game in place!

(Ross) #6

Rita is in the process of publishing a Banting vegetarian cookbook as well.
It should be out soon. :slight_smile:

Banting is like a better defined and more flexible version of Keto out of South Africa and popular in Australia as well.

(Allie) #7

The page linked to in that post no longer exists though.

(Ron) #8

Fixed it! Thanks @Shortstuff for bringing that to my attention.

(Allie) #9

Thank you Ron, it will be an interesting read :heart:

(charlie3) #10

Living organisms kill other living organisms for nutrition. Stopping that wouldn’t be the end of life as we know it. It would be the end of life. For every living thing we eat there are 100 more that would gladly eat us. Animals eat the plants. I eat the animals.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #11

There is no form of food production that does not involve taking the lives of animals, whether by intentionally taking the lives of large ruminants or accidentally killing small mammals caught in the tilling machinery. The moral issues involved are far more complex than might initially appear.

While vegan keto is certainly possible, it can only be done, from what I understand, by supplementing certain essential vitamins and minerals.

you do it every day. You kill billions of insects, animals like rabbits. mice and a gazillion more critters and with harvesting, planting, deforesting and more in your ‘vegan’ food production you have killed the food chain of other animals dependent on that life to sustain them…so the killing line in a ‘vegan’ option life is truly never without consequence. Many pretend it is but it ain’t and won’t ever be.

but this is mute in a way cause it is personally up to ‘each vegan’ to come to terms to what morally life you will take at all times. You take land from predators that require to eat those little smaller critters like mice and rabbits that live on the land to feed those higher in the food chain…so that moral issue you have is all what you can live with while you say you are morally against eating animal products? So…if you can live with it then fine, if you can’t then you are against ‘the animal products’ so each vegan draws that personal line, which means this ‘great vegan moral issue’ is only based on what you will live with and will allow, so make terms with that all and everything is great in vegan land…ugh. Don’t wanna be harsh but full truths are needed when discussing this ‘vegan’ issue for sure!

follow what they do and be fine with it I guess? :slight_smile: best of luck finding your truth and your way thru life as you need…and you accept :wink:

Does nut production involve machinery which kills rodents?

Veganism isn’t about not killing animals. It’s about not enslaving animals and/or eating animals which one person has no instinct towards taking their life for food.

Vegan keto can be done completely without supplements. Time will tell.

The only issue I have with vegan keto is that most nuts are contaminated with aflatoxins and rancid which causes inflammation. Little black specks or marks on the nut skin are an indication of aflatoxins.

I could eat vegan keto if I had access to high quality non rancid non aflatoxin contaminated real nuts all year around but then I think about how I’m attractive because of eating a lot of fish DNA growing up and I must continue eating it so I don’t degenerate into a hunter-gatherer.

There are multiple reasons for veganism just like there are multiple reasons for vegetarianism. And even meat eaters can be very choosy about the source of their food. One reason for my vegetarianism was that it’s very hard for me to get meat I accept, I didn’t need it anyway so it was easier not eating it. Things changed way after keto. The moral part is not about killing, it never was for me (of course. I was an ovo-lacto vegetarianian so I supported mass killing of animals. killing is normal in this planet, I find it better to have less killing, especially needless ones but a lot is inevitable). I hate animal cruelty. And taking things from wild animals just because we multiply like crazy. However we eat, it’s bad for the planet as we are too many. But I still need to eat.

For some people it’s for health or something. But yeah, I guess there are very many vegans living in denial and among illusions, feeling good about themselves and their “guiltless” ways.

We surely have our own personal and changing circumstances and veganism may be the best option at some point. It surely works for some people.

(Brian) #15

Im not really looking to have a body like a bodybuilder. I want the knowledge they have of their body. They have a set diet and routine for everything!! They have their plan down to a science.

(Allie) #16

@BrianKeto11 if you listen to podcasts then look out for Muscle Intelligence. It’s not vegan but doesn’t have the anti-vegan venom some others have and Ben’s knowledge is outstanding. image