Is there any body odor on keto?

(Linda) #1

Is there any body oder on keto?

(Carl Keller) #2

Body odor can occur duing ketosis. Ketones can be excreted when we sweat and it smells like fruity chemicals. Also when we burn fat, toxins and chemicals trapped in our fat cells are released and that can cause an odor too. Both are just part of the cleansing process and it should fade as your body becomes better adapted to using ketones.

One idea that doesn’t cure the source but can help to minimize the bad odor is to try an Epsom salt bath.

If you are smelling ammonia it could be from eating excessive amounts of protein and you can just reduce your protein some and the odor should subside.

Just remember that the odor is part of the process and it will ease up if you are experiencing this problem If your original question is a general question, then some people do have issues with body odor, ketone breath and stinky urine while others may not have much of a problem.

Most of the time none for me, but lot of that is person dependent and obviously diet comes into play. When I have a cheat meal or something usually a day or two later I’ll notice some BO, I typically don’t use deodorant anymore so I notice it when it’s there.

(Mike W.) #4

I generally smell like fresh cooked bacon. No complaints yet.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #5

Can’t say I’ve ever experienced it.

(Karen) #6

I found my sweat smells a little like Ketones